Friday, October 16, 2015

Currently Loving #3


Welcome to Friday, you lovely lot! The weekend is within arm's reach and I hope you've all got some wonderful plans ahead. It's about time a rounded up another bunch of my current faves and there are a fair few new items I've not spoken about before - one of which should have really been covered by now! 

It's been a while since I treated myself to a fancy foundation and I've had my eye on the Make Up Forever Face & Body since Gemma did this post on it. A concession stand opened up at my local Debenhams recently - the perfect chance to get shade matched - and I walked out with a  fresh bottle in the shade 20. Now shade-wise, this truly is perfect. I've not had a high end brand match me so perfectly before which is a big plus point for me. The formula is very liquidy but blends wonderfully and gives me the medium, dewy finish I always opt for. I'll have a full post on this soon but as a heads up - it's a good'n.

Normally I choose to blend in my foundation with my trusty beauty blender but with Face & Body's watery formula, it just soaked up all that money before it even got on my face so I've been rekindling my love for the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Doing exactly what it says on the tin brush, things are buffed in to create an airbrush-like finish that I know so many of us love. It's such a great tool and well worth the rave reviews it gets.

Let's be honest, the summer is well and truly gone and it's time to embrace autumn. Not a problem for me, autumn is by far my favourite season - I adore that in between weather of cold enough for snuggly jumpers but not too cold that you need a big coat plus the beautiful colours on the trees and a few chai lattes make for a perfect package. Just because it's cooler doesn't mean I'm packing away my bronzers just yet though - I've been wearing The Body Shop Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome*  in 03 stippled into my hairline to warm things up and it also works perfectly as a simple wash of colour on the eyes. It's a deep ruddy-tones brown creating a natural glow - but be careful,  a little goes a long way.

To keep things on the glowy side, my favourite after all, my beloved Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette is my choice currently. I've had this since last bloomin' Christmas and can't believe I've not done a full post on it - I'll rectify that ASAP - but it truly is a thing of beauty. Blending all three shades together is a really pretty shade and it doubles up leaving a glow as well. Now I have my eye on the new palette coming for Christmas this year with the blushes and powders... ahhh angels sing.

Last but not least my current fragrance of choice - Estee Lauder Modern Muse Chic*. The original version of this is just as lovely but this has a bit of a deeper finish to it. However, it's ideal to wear on a day to day basis so I've been picking this out of the rest each morning for work. Estee Lauder always bring it when it comes to perfume - love it.

What have you been loving recently? C'mon - spill.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment