Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Full Sh'bang... A USA Haul


Yep... haulin' in the USA.

It happened. Ohh it happened. Ulta happened. MAC happened. And Sephora happened. Twice. That was a good day. There were so many things I wanted to come back home with but I was as restrained as I could be and tried to be sensible.

So Ulta first, I could have took home a lot of drugstore stuff but tried to just pick up a handful of items. I saw a selection of Maybelline Color Sensational lippys in shades I'd not spotted in the UK (although now I know they are here) and instantly grabbed about 5 and then reminded myself to get a grip and decided on Peach Poppy - a really pretty coral. I've loved the formulas of these before so I don't think this will disappoint. I also came away with an eyeshadow palette from Revlon in Sandstone Shimmer - the colour combo intrigued me so I'm excited about this - and also from Revlon, a Photoready Eye Art - it's like a double ended shadow stick. On one end it's a metallic gold and the other is glitter - I'd seen this packaging for nail polish before but not eyeshadow. This is gonna be super cute for A/W. Finally a little Physicians Formula, I wish I'd picked more up from this brand to be honest. I got one of the mascaras - Organic Wear CC Curl+Care. I've tried it a couple of times and I'm gutted it's not more volumising, probably should have gone with the original. It's a great curved brush but just isn't packing the volume I'd normally go for.

Next up let's cover the couple of MAC purchases. I had a list of three that I wanted to see, that I didn't think were available in the UK yet but turns out they are, and came away with two - Koi Coral and Tokyo Twizzy. Koi Coral is one of those my-lips-but-better things that's super easy to wear, it's cremesheen so really comfortable and so far I love. Tokyo Twizzy is probably going to have to be popped away till next summer at this rate - a super bright orange, again cremesheen. A true orange - love it!

Ok and now we have the Sephora load. Ohh this store makes me so happy. I had a huge list before setting off and put most in a basket before re-evaluating my life choices and putting most back. The Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks were top of that list though - I wasn't sure which shades I wanted so opted for Damned, a super deep brown/berry, and Bachelorette, a gorgeous hot pink. I've tried Damned and they wear so well! Reviews to come. The other item from Kat Von D is her Tattoo Liner - this stuff rocks so far! Adore. Also on top of my list was the Becca Jaclyn Hill highlighter in Champagne Pop. It's so damn pretty. Sometimes I just sit and stare at it. I hope this comes to the UK or isn't limited edition because I can see it doing so well.

I've come home with a Stila Aqua Glow Water Colour Blush in Shimmering Lotus. I'd seen Lily Pebbles use this in a video and instantly wanted it! I know you can get it in the UK, but it was cheaper there so why not? Another lipstick, in another pink/coral shade (yeah there's a theme...) is Too Faced La Creme in Juicy Melons. Love the name. I love this formula already so know this is going to be a winner.

Onto the last few now... I've fallen head over heels, totally obsessed with the Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black scent from The Olsen twins. I loved both white and black but when I asked my boyfriend which he preferred, he said black so black it was. I love how the US do rollerball perfumes - perfect for handbag travelling - and also great to try out a scent before getting the full size. I really do love this and want the full thing so when my sister gets a flight out the the US next, I might have to make a request. It's musky and sexy and grown up - really love this.

I couldn't come back from Sephora without some Living Proof, right? I mean, Jen An is my ultimate girl crush and I've wanted to try the brand for so long. Deciding against the standard shampoo and conditioners - although I really do want to try them - I chose the Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment. I've used this a few times and so far, it's great. My hair feels thicker and more manageable with a bit of grit to it.

So that's it all! Oh no wait, that last minute mini section at the tills got me. A mini Glamglow Thirstymud (which escaped this pic!) and a mini version of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone fell into my bag last minute... you only need a teeny amount of this so I think even this smaller size is going to last me a long, long time!

Now we truly are done. I can't wait to have a real play with all of this now and will report back in due course.

Are there any things I bought you'd really love a review on?

Ax


No comments:

Post a Comment