Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask


Well now doesn't this just sound delicious? If ever there was any reason to give your self a hump day treat, let it be because Lush Oatifix (£6.95) sounds yummy, smells yummy and dammit it does yummy things to your skin!

The fresh face masks from Lush are one of the few products they sell that I was yet to try. For some reason I'd overlooked them so often but on a recent Birmingham trip, I bit the bullet. I was actually after a honey one but they'd sold out so opted for Oatifix instead. Lush Oatifix looks like porridge and smells like porridge too. Now, breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and porridge is pretty much my holy grail breakfast choice so for me, this was a no brainer. However, for others it may put you off a little. I mean, it's far from pretty on your face. As it's a fresh face mask, these must be stored in the fridge and the use by date comes round fairly quick which is a shame as I don't think I'd use a whole tub by that time.

With ingredients like oats, ground almonds and kaolin the texture is fairly gritty and I found it very strange to apply at first, struggling to get it to stay on my face. I find the best technique is more of a slap and place method - there's no gracious smoothing of Oatifix, I'm afraid. It feels instantly soothing on the skin because it's been kept in the fridge and doesn't feel uncomfortable while it sits and works it's magic for the following 10-15 minutes. I think I leave mine for around 30 minutes, mainly because a) I'm lazy and b) I get distracted with YT videos, but it won't do any harm.

My skin is left looking a little brighter and the hormonal break out I was trying to tackle looked much less red and violent. I get red cheeks and nose naturally and did see a reduction in redness in those areas too. All in all, impressed but not blown away.

I do think it's worth giving a go if you suffer from redness and I think it's something I'll pick up in advance of that time of the month (seeing as my skin just loves to invite spots around that time) but I don't think I'll repurchase it for general use like I do other face masks.

Have you tried Lush Oatifix?

Ax

4 comments:

  1. Slap and place method? Ha, this sounds like a lot of hassle and I'd be rubbish at using this up un time! Porridge on my face? That's weird.


    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious, definately be trying this. Sounds perfect for my dry/sensitive skin too!


    www.amelialovesss.blogspot.com


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give it a go, and let me know how you get on! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I've used this before! I love it, it smells delicious too! Danielle xx missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete