Monday, October 26, 2015

Highlighter Collection (Part II)

Welcome to another week! I cannot believe we're going into the final week of October but I am super excited for all the Halloween-ness going on. I love Halloween and wish it was celebrated here in the UK like it is in the US for example - one year I will throw an epic Halloween party filled with super awesome costumes and yummy ghoulish treats. Anyway, I digress...

Sparkly, shimmery, beautiful. Ohh I love me a good highlighter or two. I did a similar post not long ago but I realised my collection has grown substantially recently so why not give an updated rundown of them all - and I truly do use them all on and off. Sometimes it's just whatever I reach for first and sometimes it depends what look I'm going for - either way, they all get some love.

First let's talk powders - the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow* is one of the more recent additions that I really should have reviewed in full by now (that'll come...promise) 'cause i's so lovely. Everyone seems to love this rose gold laden palette and for good reason - the highlighter in it is gorgeous and I don't find it too intense for day-to-day wear. It's buildable and buttery soft so blends with ease. A similar product, but much more purse friendly, is the Maybelline Master Sculpt. It has both the contour and highlight in one but the highlight for me is much less shimmery and more of a brightening effect. Great for when you want a barely there look but also works great as a setting powder for when you go all out contour/highlight for a night out. The most recent purchase is the Becca Champagne Pop - I picked this up in the summer whilst on holiday in America and it is so, so beautiful. Definitely worth the hype! It's ridiculously soft and blendable and the shade - a golden champagne - is simply stunning. It's fairly intense so probably more for a night time/event kind of thing than your office look but I'm so in love!

Next up, probably my favourite formula for highlighter - cream. It's quite clear my love for these as I have the biggest range of highlighters in this formula but I just find them the easiest to work with. Some that I've mentioned before are the No 7 Instant Radiance Highlighter and Bronzing Highlighter. See here for more details on these but they're essentially a great alternative to a similar product from Charlotte Tilbury at a more affordable price but do such a great job. The champagne gets much more use for my fair skin but the bronzing one is gorgeous in the summer and works great on the lids too. Another stick cream, Benefit Watts Up was probably one of the first highlighters I fell in love with. It's like a cream stick version of the Becca Champagne Pop - golden, champagne and can be quite intense when built up if needs be. I've had this for so long and it's hardly gone down. The other cream highlighters I have are from The Body Shop. The Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome* in 01 and 03 are really lovely. Easy to use, you can either swipe it on from the block or use your fingers, it's really subtle on the skin. The darker of the two I actually use as a bit of contour at the moment as my skin is fairly pale but in summer it great blended into the hairline for that natural sunkissed glow.

Finally the liquid highlighters. Now I don't tend to use these as a standard highlighter - y'know tops of the cheeks, brow bone, cupids bow - I use them as a base after my primer and before foundation. I'm all over a dewy, radiant glow and these work so well at achieving that. However, if that's not your thing, they're great lightly dotted along the cheeks for a really natural highlight that dries down and doesn't budge. I've loved The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter* for a long, long time and recently added another full tube to my collection. It's a pink tone so great when my skin's a little paler. The one I'm using at the moment however is Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone. I adore this! I mean it gives a serious glow when used all over - I'm talking, hello freshness! But I love, love, love it! It's just the mini size from Sephora but you only need a tiny bit so a little goes a long way. I'll definitely get the full size when this runs out though! It's more of a warm champagne shade so I'm still clutching at summer with this one for the moment - hey, autumn can mean golden skin too you know!

What are you favourite highlighters?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment