Thursday, February 18, 2016

REVIEW: GlamGlow ThirstyMud


Ooh well isn't this a pretty little package! Ok, so it's teeny weeny but still - exciting nonetheless. 

I've been wanting to try the GlamGlow range for so long but couldn't bite the bullet to part with the cash for a full size, full price £49.99 tub if I wasn't sure how it'd get on with my skin. So when I was in America in the summer, I spotted this ridiculously cute trial pot of the GlamGlow ThirstyMud mask while I was in the queue at Sephora and thought it'd be a great little option. Yes, I've had this since August and have been patiently waiting to use it until I was back blogging properly and could do a justified review.

The GlamGlow ThirstyMud was the one I'd had my eye on the whole time. The original, albeit raved about, is more for oily skin I believe which - although I do get breakouts - isn't something I'm regularly prone to. I'm more about my hydrating masks and treatments so ThirstyMud is the perfect option. It's a creamy beige coloured mask than appears clear on the skin. It doesn't dry out or anything like that while it's applied so I found myself leaving it on for around 30 minutes while I got on with doing other things (re: watching YouTube videos...). I tend to do that with hydrating masks because quite simply, the longer they're on for, the more hydration I find I get out of them.

I removed it with a warm washcloth, moving gently over the skin, and it came off with ease. My skin felt really soft afterwards and my makeup has applied better the following day so it's definitely injected some moisture there. I've enjoyed using it but in all honesty, it's not blown me away. I've been a long time fan of The Body Shop's Vitamin E Sink In Moisture Mask and I don't think the GlamGlow ThirstyMud superior to that. If you like spending a little more on your skincare, then sure go crazy because it's not going to disappoint you... but if you're on a tighter budget, I wouldn't worry you're missing out - take a trip to the high street instead.

I do feel like I want to try the others in the range though - particularly the original because that is the one everyone raved about so highly.

Do you reckon the GlamGlow masks are worth it?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment