Saturday, February 06, 2016

Mini Feel Unique Haul

Didn't January just feel like the longest month, ever?! My bank balance sure agrees. Seriously, it felt like an absolute age until those pounds went up from my wages after the whole Christmas thing and I was in desperate need of some essentials. And some not so essentials...

So the two things I desperately needed to add to my basket was a new La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ and the Seche Vite top coat. Believe you me, I've rinsed my old tube of Effaclar Duo+ to within millimetres of its life, I truly could not get anymore out of that thing, so I thought it about time I stocked up on a new one. Nothing clears my skin up like this - it's great for fresh blemishes, old scars and plays a little role in calming bad bouts of redness. I just love it and use it every night. Seche Vite is another oldie but a goodie. I'm getting back into taking the time to do my false nails every now and then and cannot stand waiting for them to dry without using this. The bottle is a bit of a pain - you can never get every bit out as the brush doesn't touch the bottom - but it works like nothing else I've tried. My polish dries faster and lasts longer - what else do you want from a top coat?

Now a couple of newbies... I've had my eye on the Facial Radiance Pads from First Aid Beauty for a while after seeing Caroline Hirons talk about them a fair bit. My skin's felt a little uneven, rough and general a bit blah recently and I knew exactly why - it was begging for some some acid exfoliation. So, as these were on offer, it was time. I've used them for a week and I'm in two minds at the moment. My skin does feel a little softer and the texture is much better but I've had a fair few breakouts since trying it. I think it's that situation of using a new products that really cleanses the skin and those impurities are brought to the surface - a gets worse before it gets better scenario. The blemishes are clearing up great though thanks to the Effaclar Duo+ so I'm in favour of it at the moment.

Finally the Fudge Clean Blonde Conditioner. It's a violent toned product for blondes to keep away the brassiness... nope, I'm not blonde, but I have that whole grey ends transformation going on so I picked up this to help in that area. I only ever apply conditioner to the ends of my hair anyway so it won't affect the brunette roots but it's so far working great. I leave it on for at least 5 minutes - longer if I can - and it's keeping any brassiness at bay like a dream. I think when I'm fully grey on those tips, it'll be a miracle worker for toning things down. So far - LOVE.

What have you picked up recently?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment