Thursday, February 11, 2016

Trying Out... Illamasqua

I'm fully aware that Illamasqua is not a new brand. And I've tried one or two pieces before but it's one of those brands that I've not really explored too much. That was until the epic sale they had after Christmas... I got these three products for *drumroll, please** just over £20! TWENTY POUNDS. I know, amazing. So let's take a look.

The first thing I was desperate to add was the Illamasqua Vintage Metallix in Bibelot. I've had my eye on this ever since the range was launched - I'm a sucker for a good khaki eye. At £5.10 instead of £17.00 it was a no brainer really. It's a beautiful shimmery olive green with a gorgeous consistency. I'm thinking of doing a full eye look using this - want to see it? Let me know in the comments. Can we just note the beautiful packaging too? That rose gold lid? YAAS.

I'm way into my cream blusher at the moment so was interested to try one from Illamasqua. Enter Illamasqua Dixie - a warm coral that gives a beautiful dewy finished. It's not over pigmented which means it can be built up. I prefer this with creams because you can leave a layer to dry before adding another meaning it'll last longer and give more of a natural finish. It's wrapped in your standard Illamasqua packaging - black plastic curved palette and it's huge. Seriously, this'll last me forever! I snapped this up for £6.60 instead of £22.00 - CRAZY.

The last item was one that I pretty much just went for because it was an utter bargain. The Illamasqua Complement Palette is originally £34.00... I got it for £10.20. Yeah, I know right? There's a mix of cream and powder shadows in generous pan sizes. The purple in this is a little more pink toned than I was expecting - I was looking for more of a deep plum - but I'm interested to work all these together. The shimmery pearl shade will look gorgeous under the brow bone and in the inner corner and I'm excited to see how the metallic brown turns out too. An interesting palette! 

Right, so what else do I need to try from Illamasqua?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment