Friday, May 08, 2015

Special Mention #2: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner
Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner
Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner Addiction

With my extensive collection of lip product - I mean my MAC selection alone is out of control - I never actually realised just how many Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners I have! I thought Eastend Snob was my first try of them earlier this year but it seems that's not the case as I had two others already lurking in my makeup drawers.

Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners are such value for money! They're waxy sticks as opposed to pencils that you simply wind up out of the plastic casing. On first glance, this is a great idea because you don't need to sharpen it and can use it as and when but as I've used a few now I think I'd prefer some way of sharpening them so I could actually accurately line my lips a little better. Also, I find they snap quite easily so do line with care and not too much pressure! I just realised it sounds like I'm really slating them but I promise, at £3.99, these really won't disappoint or break the bank.

Red Diva is the first one and has lasted me well - it even has the old logo on it so it must be a old! It's a fairly bright red that works great with MAC Love Goddess and the Bourjois Rouge Velvet in Red Pepper. I find this the least drying out of the lot and the one that gives the best finish. Maybe it's because of the colour because all the others are more in the nude spectrum?

Obsession is the one I had no idea I even owned! Sticking with the red theme, Obsession is mre of a burgundy but it's not overly pigmented. I kinda wish it was a little more pigmented so I could wear it alone but it's fine for putting under a lipstick. I like using this with lipsticks like MAC Rebel or Rimmel's Kate Moss 107. It also works perfectly with a brighter red to work thats ombre lip thang.

Eastend Snob Ahh this baby! I've actually completely ran out of this and had to apply it super lightly to swatch it for this post. I didn't realise I'd used it so much but it's such a lovely shade. A cool toned pink that nods to the Kylie Jenner lip trend - did anyone see yesterday's reveal that she has temporary lip fillers? Yeah, like we didn't see that coming... Anyway, I like wearing Eastend Snob alone, layered with Bourjois Rouge Edition in 02 or something like MAC's Snob or Twig - all work great. It's fairly drying though so make sure to use a balm before hand.

Addiction is my latest addition to the Rimmel Exaggerate collection! I adore this so, so much! I actually think it's even better than Eastend Snob for that 90s lips thing. Worn alone for me it's quite close to my natural colour but evens things out and allows me to overline slightly to make them look a little plumper without it being obvious. My favourite way to wear it is for a real 90s supermodel look though. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Don't Pink Of It lined with Obsession is pretty much my ideal right now with a bit of MAC Pure Zen dotted in the centre. Or, for a simple look, line all of the lips with Obsession and use a little of MAC Hue as I have in the image above. I'm planning a 90s lips post filled with my faves though so keep an eye out for that.

Have you tried any of Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liners?

Ax

1 comment:

  1. I adore East End Snob, I currently have 2 back ups haha! I think Addiction will be my next purchase, though I think I already have the other two in a draw somewhere so I must dig them out :)
    xxx Claire

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete