Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Review: Mii Cosmetics Absolute Face Base

Mii Cosmetics Absolute Face Base

Mii Cosmetics Absolute Face Base


Mii Cosmetics Absolute Face Base

As I've said before, when it comes to foundation I tend to opt for lighter coverage but when the lovely guys at Harper's let me try out the new Mii Cosmetics Absolute Face Base* I could hardly turn them down?

Sold as a foundation to rival Estee Lauder Double Wear without the difficulty to cleanse off or heavy texture, I had high hopes for the Absolute Face Base. I was a big fan of Double Wear in my uni days but felt it became too heavy for my skin and as though my skin couldn't breathe. However, with the Absolute Face Base I felt I got a pretty hefty coverage whilst still letting my skin look like skin. Y'know?

It feels very velvety and with both my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and Beautyblender it meshed seamlessly with ease. I have the shade 'Utterly Fresh' which is the second lightest in the range of five shades. Sure, it's not the widest selection but Utterly Fresh is pretty much a perfect match for me - fairly neutral with a yellow undertone to counteract any redness. You can see in the before and after picture there's not a huge difference but things just look much more even and perfecting whilst still looking natural which is just what I want from my foundation. It has SPF30 in which is a huge bonus and as you can see, photographs reasonably well with no distortion in shade.

It lasted really well, around 8 hours, without flaking or rubbing off in the areas other foundations are prone to and didn't oxidise which is a bonus. When it came to removing, Mii Cosmetics Absolutel Face Base was so much easier to remove than other fuller coverage foundations! I did me usual routine as I would with my CC Creams - micellar water followed by an oil-based cleansing cream or balm - and every little bit came off with no problem at all.

At £26.50 it's in line with some of the higher end brands out there and I know it's not a particularly well known company but I promise you it more than delivers. I've talked about Mii Cosmetics before - the mineral blushers are really lovely - and am super glad to have another product from the brand to fall in love with!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always looking for a new foundation and this sounds perfect!


    Lovely post,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete