Monday, January 05, 2015

Lazy Day Makeup Removal


I know many of us are turning over new leaves for January, kickstarting new regimes whether it's diet or skincare but let's be honest, sometimes the aftermath of Christmas/New Year leaves us feeling a little I-Can't-Be-Bothered. And y'know what? That's ok!

Ok, so I'm not saying this swipe and go thing should be a regular occurrence but for those nights that you'd rather go flat out in bed, this Garnier duo will do you well. Micellar waters became really readily available in 2014 with a number of drugstore brands bringing out their own offerings. I fell in love with two from L'Oreal but I have some new loves - Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover.

The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water does a really good job of removing my face base. I like that it has no fragrance and really does feel just like water on the skin, more so than the L'Oreal version. I soak one cotton pad and that does me for the whole face. Heavy eye makeup comes off super easily but not waterproof - however, we'll get that in a minute! I wouldn't say you get 200 uses out of this as the bottle suggests but at £4.90 for a whopping 400ml (currently £3.33 at Boots!) I think it's amazing value for money and lasts me over a month.

Now onto that whole waterproof makeup schtick... it's a bi-phase formula you want and the Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover is easily one of the best I've tried. Again, I did love the L'Oreal one but much prefer this one. Simply shake it up to mix the two parts together and use on a cotton pad. I hold it on my eye for around 15 seconds to help break down the waterproof mascara then swipe away. It does take a little more wiping away but there's no rubbing needed - gotta me kind to those eyes, ladies! It's not as greasy or oily as other bi-phase removers I've used so feels lovely on the skin. At £3.49 for 125ml it does work out a little dearer pre ml than the standard micellar water but you only need a teeny bit of this so it'll still last you a while. 

As I say, this shouldn't really be a daily thing, a deeper cleanse with a balm, gel or cream should be a preference to keep your skin looking good, but sometimes you just gotta go for the easy way out!

Have you tried either of these?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment