Monday, September 29, 2014

Birthday Post: Turning 24...


It's my birthday tomorrow so I thought I'd share a bit of a reflective post ahead of turning 24 years old. I definitely don't feel 24. 24 always seemed so far away, so much older but I sure as hell never had any idea where I'd be at 24. So where am I? Well, I'm a graduate in a job role I never expected to get to at this stage, I live with my boyfriend of 6 and a half years who's pretty much the greatest person you'll ever meet, I have a handful of really special friends and an abundance of supportive family members, namely my parents - they rock. All in all, I'm surrounded by awesome people.

Here are a few things I've learnt in my (soon to be) 24 years...

Things get good
Circa my early teens, I wasn't particularly popular, didn't dress well and certainly couldn't master a slick of lipgloss let along a flick of eyeliner. At the time, I swore I was going to be a bit of a dweeb my entire life but let me tell you 13-year-old Amy - you'll remain a dweeb at heart but you'll do it with a bunch of pals and a guy who thinks you don't look half bad.

It's ok not to have a plan
I don't think I've ever had a plan for the future, I kind of just roll with it. I never really knew what I wanted to do at uni and I don't really know where I'll be in 5, 10 years time and I'm ok with that. I'm loving what I do right now and the unknown is all part of the adventure.

Work hard, play harder
I've become a bit of a granny since graduating and since moving out feel like I've not really got the cash to go out but I think I need to start letting my hair down (respectfully) a little more! Don't get me wrong, my slippers and Netflix will be at the ready as soon as I get through the door...

Tequila is always a good idea
Heck, any shot is always a good idea.

So what am I doing for my birthday this year? Well I doubt it'll be on the same level of partying as previous ones (top row: 18th, 19th, bottom row: 20th, 21st) but there are celebrations ahead! I'm working on my actual birthday but am being treated to a meal out at the weekend with my other half and then go to Sheffield with my girl friends the following weekend for a good night out! Not a bad year, hey?!

Ax

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I am definitely enjoying my twenties much more than my teens, feel much more comfortable. You look lovely as a blonde and a brunette! :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete