Wednesday, June 04, 2014

On Trial: June 2014


It's that time again! I really liked doing last month's On Trial because it gives me a chance to shop my stash so to speak and rediscover some products that have been a little unloved. So for June, we have a nice range of makeup, skincare and haircare too. Let's get going...

Avon Earthen Rose blush 
I believe this is actually discontinued but if you have it in your stash from way back when, it may be worth digging out. I picked this up a long, long, while ago - seriously, I'm not sure I should still have it - and adored it at the time but the more I got into makeup, the further it got pushed to the back of my drawers. Earthen Rose seems to be the perfect bronzer shade for those of us with fairer skin tones. It's classed as a blush but I wouldn't use it for that. So let's rediscover an old favourite!

Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser* link
When I first received this, I used it a couple of times but felt it mattified my skin too much - I know right? Most would die for matte skin. However, as the warmer weather gets going I've noticed my T-zone getting a little oiler than I'd like so I'm thinking this might help tackle it. Give me a month, and I'll report back!

Bourjois Mega Liner link
Ok, my hands are up - I'm a self confessed liner junkie! I wear a winged eyeliner look pretty much every day and have done for a fair few years so I've tried out my fair share of liquid/pen/gel liners. My favourite at the moment is form L'Oreal but could this be a replacement? It seems super black but I'm unsure on the square nib. We shall see...

The Body Shop All-In-One InstaBlur link
I'd been waiting for this to come out for a while so snapped it up in a recent members offer at The Body Shop. I had a love affair with their mattifying skin primer a while back so I'm intrigued to see how this fares. It's a silicone based primer which I have gone off but we'll put it to the test anyway! New release review coming up, in a few weeks that is.

Fudge Urban Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Mousse link
Urm doesn't this sound delicious? Mousse products have come back into the forefront recently after years of being seen as an old lady product that left you locks crunchy. However, with many singing the praises of recent released I thought I'd grab one for myself and this one, with it's sweet sounded scent, pulled me in. 

Are you trying out anything new?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment