Friday, June 06, 2014

Summer Lip Picks 2014




Oh hello again! We're back with the third and final Summer Edit, this time my lip product picks for 2014! I'm going to try not to ramble, I originally planned a 'top 5' kind of thing but it kind of ended up being 7. Who likes 7 of anything? It's not an even number, nor is it close to one or the other... so, apologies.

left to right, top row first

Tanya Burr 'Afternoon Tea'* link
There's always go tot be a nude, right? Yes there are plenty of bright colours coming up but a perfect nude is always necessary. I originally fell for Chic but Afternoon Tea has more of a pink tint to it making it much more flattering on the skin. It's super thick and glossy with high pigmentation but it's not sticky. Also, it smells like sherbet - yum!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 'Darling' link
I adore this shade. I'm not sure why I don't wear it more often, but I will definitely have it on hand this summer! I love lilac shades and do go for much more bold lilacs like MAC's Nicki 2 but this is a really easy to wear shade. These crayons, with a minty scent, are so moisturising and have just a sheer tint of colour making them perfect for every day. Don't be scared by the lilac - it's much more wearable than you think!

MAC 'Speed Dial' link
More into your pretty pinks this season? This latest addition to my MAC collection has been overlooked since it's purchase but it is such a lovely colour. The perfect petal pink with a cremesheen finish - my favourite - which leaves a beautiful glossy look with all the pigmentation of a satin finish. It really is a suits-all shade and definitely worth a look if you're at a MAC counter soon.

Maybelline Color Sensational 'Fuschia Flash' link
I spoke of my adoration for this colour over a year ago now - jeez has it been that long?! It was my first foray into Maybelline lip products since I was a teen and I fell in love! The colour is insanely bright, smells like marzipan is that? and is super moisturising. I wear this quite often, even for work - I'd like to think it's like a non-matte version of MAC's Candy Yum Yum, maybe a little less neon.

No7 Stay Perfect 'Tangerine Touch'
An oldie that I actually forgot I had until now but one that I'm going to be putting to good use over summer. This is my ideal coral, not as orange as the name would suggest, but insanely good with a tan. I love it now but with a little more colour I think it's work even better. It's an unusual colour and I have nothing like it in my stash - which is a feat in itself. It goes on really nicely, a little more satin than I'd expect but still feels silky smooth.

L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire 'Tangerine Sonate 204' link
Now for something really orange! These latest releases from L'Oreal are incredible! I'd get more of them but I can't justify getting such similar shades to what I already own (although I am eyeing up a red...). So, I opted for a bright orange shade - something I don't already have! Tangerine Sonate is a true orange, super bright and ultra glossy. The formula is unlike any other lip lacquers, it's a lacquer with a dash of lipgloss and is made with oils which I think is what gives it the unusual finish. They feel incredible on the lips and last a fair while. This in summer? YES.

Rimmel Apocalips 'Stellar' link
Ah me and this one go way back. It's my 'summer red' thanks to the pink undertones and near-enough neon finish. I adore the formula of these, I've raved about them enough, and they never disappoint. the lip lacquer formula gives a beautiful glossy finish that has serious staying power. These babies don't budge! They do wear down to a beautiful stain but are easily topped up - this happens after a serious amount of hours though.

What are you picks for summer?

Ax









2 comments:

  1. I really need to try the revlon balm stains, everyone talks about them! love this post btw :)
    I recently started a beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog and it would mean the world to me if you'd check it out: taraclare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Tara! :) x

    ReplyDelete