Monday, June 30, 2014

Evening Skincare Routine (Update!)

I have to admit that when it comes to skincare routines, I still feel like a bit of an amateur. I posted an evening routine earlier this year but things have switched up somewhat since then so thought I'd give you an update! I'm still learning the ropes but things seem to be coming along nicely...

First off, my skin type. As a teen I was an oily-skinned gal through and through however going into my 20s it's changed somewhat - my skin tends to be dehydrated, not dry, with redness on my cheeks, the occasional oily patch on my nose and hormonal breakout. Make sense? So I'm looking for products that will inject moisture into the skin, tackle redness and something to have on hand for those pesky breakouts.

I start off with an eye cream. Until recently I'd been attached to my Midnight Recovery Eye Cream from Kiehl's which I still adore but have ran out of. So, in it's place I've been trying Benefit's It's Potent!. I got this stupidly adorable tester pot in a Latest in Beauty box and had been saving it for travel but y'know, needs must and all that. It's quite nice, really creamy and hydrating which means my concealer settles on my skin much better in the morning. I don't think it tackles dark circles as well as the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream but I can sideline that for a while until my bank balance allows me to replenish.

Then I go on to a face oil. I've waxed lyrical about my love for my Antipodes Divine Face Oil Avocado Oil & Rosehip before and the love affair hasn't dwindled. I've been using this for around 6 months and love the feel of it on my skin. It doesn't leave a greasy residue, instead sinking in to my complexion with ease. The rosehip helps tackle the redness and the avocado injects moisture leaving my skin a little more plump come morning. I'm pretty sure I've got another 3 months or so in this bad boy!

Another Kiehl's love - the Kiehl's Deep Moisture Clarifying Cream. Ah I love this stuff! Again, I'm running extremely low on this so don't always apply it, sometimes I just settle with oil depending on how my skin's looking. If it's looking a little dull and lifeless I apply a light layer of this once my oil has sunk in. It's really light on the skin but does brighten my complexion and give it a bit of a boost.

These next two are for when those hormonal blemishes make an appearance. I've already rambled about how awesome these two are here but the bottom line is - Odylique's Spot-On Serum tackles the blemish head on and you can actually feel it drying it out which is ideal. Then La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo tackles the redness that blemishes can leave behind. I also like to pop a little of this on my nose to help reduce redness.

I quick lengthy scroll through Instagram and it's shut eye time! 

What else should I add to my routine? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Ax

Don't forget my GIVEAWAY to win an Odylique Coconut Candy Scrub! Enter here - it closes 07/06!

No comments:

Post a Comment