Friday, May 16, 2014

Fresh Summer Skin Base


Yes, the hotter weather is coming - in fact I think it's racking up to 25 degrees in some parts of the country this weekend! Time to dust off the Wayfarers. So what better time to lighten things up in the makeup department? I'm not into heavy bases at any point of the year but things do get even lighter during the warmer months so if you're wanting a winning summer base combo, read on!

I picked up Garnier's Miracle Skin Cream last month and have been putting it to the test over recent weeks. The white cream turns into a foundation coloured product as it's blended into the skin to seamlessly knit with your skin tone. I really like it and have worn it alone and under a full foundation depending on whether my skin is behaving. You really don't need much - less is certainly more - and I like to buff it in with a brush as I would any other base. It has SPF20 in, so not good for photos, but for an every day summer base it's ideal as it allows us to enjoy the sunshine without worrying about those darn UV rays.

I then like to tackle some of the redness in my skin by using Bourjois' 123 Perfect CC Cream. I adore this and pretty much wear it every day. It's much more pigmented than other CC creams and is more like a light coverage foundation yet has all the colour correcting properties of a CC cream. It truly does cover redness like no other product I've tried and I cannot recommend it enough. So, when I'm going for a lighter base I only like to apply this to the areas that are prone to redness - my cheeks, around my nose and my chin. That way, I keep the freshness from the Miracle Skin Cream but still perfect my complexion a little more with the CC Cream. I buff it in as I do the other base and it leaves a natural finish on the skin. It also has SPF15 which further protects us from the sun.

Finally I tackle those under eye bags and dark patches. For this I'm currently using Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer. I've really been enjoying this, it's super creamy but blends seamlessly. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to essentially stipple it in to the skin. I really do go quite heavy with this, but because the finish is so natural you can get away with it. I apply it under my eyes, a tad more round my nose and then tackle any other blemishes that are hanging around. 

Finish it off with a light dusting of translucent powder and I'm good to go!

What are your go-to summer base products?

Ax

If you enjoy my blog, it would mean the world to me if you nominated it in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category of the Cosmo Blog Awards here! Thank you x

1 comment:

  1. I love the Bourjois CC cream, their face products never disappoint!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete