Sunday, May 18, 2014

Skincare Sunday: Omorovicza... Testing 1, 2, 3


It's Sunday and the sun is shining - perfect day for some skincare treats, right? I'm actually off to Ikea today - wish me luck - to get some more house bits and bobs and assist a couple of friends with buying stuff for their new place too. What? If you can't indulge for yourself, might as well help others spend their money!

Anyway, the post. Omorovicza is one of those luxury skincare brands I just wish I could afford. The Queen of Hungary Mist? Yeah, that needs to be on my bathroom shelf. However, my bank balance just doesn't stretch to it - so when the lovely Ruth Crilly shared an offer for us to try out 4 samples without spending a penny, I jumped at the chance. Cheers, Ruth.

It was an offer to sample their new Refining Facial Polisher which meant you could then pick 3 other sachets to try out. I went for the Balancing Moisturiser, Intensive Hydra-Lifting Cream and the Gold Night Drops. Sure enough, they dropped through my letter box just in time for the last Bank Holiday - the perfect time to put them to the test.

Each sachet easily provided me with two lots so I could use them over a couple of nights/days which was useful. The first thing I used was the newly released Refining Facial Polisher. Ohhh I love this stuff! It's a gloopy green face scrub that looks terrifying when you pour it out but it feels so good! It smells just like a spa which instantly relaxed me. I scrubbed my skin with it and then left it for a few minutes before rinsing it off. Seriously, this stuff is really good. The scrub isn't harsh so could easily be used daily and my skin was left really smooth - everything you'd want from an exfoliator.

Over the next couple of days I used the two moisturisers before applying my makeup. In all honesty I couldn't tell a huge difference except maybe the Intensive Hydra-Lifting Cream was a little thicker in consistency and did feel like it did more for my dehydrated skin. I don't think you can really tell how much good a moisturiser does for you within a couple of applications though so it'd have to be something to invest in and test out properly.

It's a similar story for the Gold Night Drops. Honestly, I wasn't entirely sure what to do with these. I patted them into my skin before I applied my face oil at night but didn't really feel any benefit. Again, I don't think you'd notice a difference within this time anyway but it just didn't feel like anything - anything - happened. Not so sold on this.

I was really pleased I got to try some stuff though and would definitely look at getting the Refining Facial Polisher should my bank balance magically improve. Ohh that green gloop stole my heart.

Have you tried anything from Omorovicza?

Ax

If you enjoy my blog, it would mean the world to me if you nominated it in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category of the Cosmo Blog Awards here! Thank you x


1 comment:

  1. Yeah I've been the same with this brand! Seems so pricey - glad you got to try them first!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete