Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil


So I've been staying at my Mom's for the past few days dog-sitting. Yep, while they jet off on holiday I've been with my two beautiful pooches - which has been lovely in itself seeing as I moved out this year so I don't see them as often. *DOG-LADY*. Not only that though, I get to have a raid of what beauty bits my Mom may have left behind! There was a couple of nice perfumes I spritzed as well as the Tropic Skincare oil but it was the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil from The Body Shop that really caught my eye... sorry Mom.

I'm excusing my thieving hands by justifying it with the fact I actually bought this, along with the butter and cream cleanser, for my Mom for Mother's Day and was gutted I didn't get it for myself. I've already shared my love for the Cleansing Butter from the range but after reading nothing but rave reviews about the oil, I just had to give it a go. I'll tell you now, it's love.

The oil itself isn't particularly fragranced. Yes, you get a fresh blast from the camomile but it is in no way over powering or off-putting - if I'm putting something on my face, I hate overly strong scents. It's more watery than I was expecting. In comparison to the likes of DHC, it's practically pure H2O! Not that I disliked it, it was just a surprise. Because of the light texture, it felt really nice on my skin and instantly rid my complexion of the day's makeup. It took a while to get my mascara off - lots of gentle massaging - but that may be because I do like a fair few layers. However, despite having to go at it a little more than I'd have liked, my eyes weren't left sore afterwards. I'd also like to point out I've been using this whilst my contact lenses are still in and it's not irritated those in the slightest - bar a little blurring from the oil - which is a big thumbs up for a daily-wearer like myself.

At just £10 for 200ml it really is a complete bargain! Seriously impressed - but that's not surprising considering it's The Body Shop and I just love them.

Have you tried this cleanser?

Ax

If you enjoy my blog, it would mean the world to me if you nominated it in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category of the Cosmo Blog Awards here! Thank you x

No comments:

Post a Comment