Friday, March 28, 2014

Top Five for Redness


Red skin is something I tackle very single day. I'm not talking rosacea, that's something GPs can help with, but general redness in my skin - around the nose, cheeks - is just one of those things for me. However, there are a number of products I use to tackle it and also a couple which have diminished it somewhat. 

First up - skincare. There are couple of skincare products that I've found help the redness in my skin fade quite a bit in recent months. I picked up Antipodes Divine Face Oil in the Boxing Day sales (erm, how long?) but didn't start using it till mid-way through January. Antipodes is a new brand to me but I've read some really good things - namely the day cream and Grace cleanser *makes note to try these*. Like many, I'd previously thought why would I want an oil? Isn't that going to make my skin oily? But the more and more I read, the more tempted I became and now, I can safely say don't knock it until you've tried it. I picked this one, with Avocado Oil & Rosehip, mainly for the latter - the rosehip. I'd heard Kate talk a number of times about the pros of using it to tackle red skin so thought it was about time I did. Since using it, I've definitely noticed the redness go down, mainly in my cheeks. Is it gone? No. But it does keep it at bay. If you want a full review on this oil, let me know - but right now the bottom line is, it's good, it smells good, and it feels good.

The other skincare item is probably nothing new to many of you - La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo. This is the older formula (it's now Duo+) but it works like a dream. I didn't use it correctly at first, I was applying it all over every night but that quickly dried my skin out. Now I just apply it to problem areas and it's a staple in my routine. I don't always put it on the cheek area, because of the risk of drying out, but it's a my best friend for blemishes. Read about my blemish busting duo here.

Now onto the good stuff, the makeup! To start with, a primer can really help with reducing redness in the skin. I have Clinique's Superprimer for redness and really, really like it. It's quite a chalky formula so I wouldn't recommend it for very dry skin. But it really does help in calming down the skin and prepping it for makeup. I also love using CC Creams. I expressed my love for Clinique's way back but Bourjois' latest release has made my skin super happy! I adore this Bourjois 123 CC Cream, it's fairly watery but instantly brightens my skin, hides redness and gives a decent amount of coverage. I love this for everyday and just cannot get enough of it. A serious triple-billion thumbs up and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Finally, after all those steps, if the redness in my skin is still prominent, I apply a little more of my Maybelline Fit Me concealer. This doesn't happen very often - usually my concealer is for under the eyes, blemishes and around the nose only - but if my cheeks a particularly rosy I blend a little of this over them to hide it. I prefer not to, as I don't like layering too much, but if it's needed this works really well. I'm really enjoying this concealer - it's quite thick but has brightening effects too and sticks around. What's not to love?

What products do you like to use to tackle redness?

Ax

1 comment:

  1. clairabelle0306March 28, 2014 8:15 pm

    I've been loving the Bourjois CC Cream, it's lovely :)
    XXX Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete