Sunday, March 30, 2014

All In One: Sheer Cover


 



So I had my first dabble into mineral makeup the other week in the form of Mii Cosmetics, but I've also been trying out some bits from the Sheer Cover range. Sheer Cover is a brand I'd heard about a long time ago and seen a number of adverts for it but it had never really appealed. Maybe it was the old school advertising style and the fact I'd not seen it in store but it seems they've had a bit of a rebrand and I thought sure, why not try it?

I applied the Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation* (£21.95) in Medium over my usual L'Oreal Lumi Magique primer. I used the brush I got with the Mii Cosmetics set last week because I don't have anything else suitable. The colour is much more suited to my skin tone than the one last week so I felt much more comfortable applying it. I pressed some in on my cheeks where there's more redness and then buffed it out as I would a liquid foundation. It went on really easily and blended in seamlessly. I'm still getting used to the final look and feel of mineral foundations - I feel like I've forgotten something despite it evening out my complexion!

I then went on to apply a mix of the Conceal & Brighten Trio* (£22.95) in Light/Medium. This is a compact filled with three cream products - a tan toned one for blemishes, a lighter pink toned for under the eyes and a light white one which I think can be used to brighten the under eyes. The darkest colour is too dark for my skin tone at the moment but may be more useful in the summer. However I did like the lighter shade under my eyes. I didn't find it to be as full coverage as I'd have liked, and did go over with my Maybelline Fit Me concealer a little afterwards, but it still did the job well. The formula is great, it's creamy enough to blend with my fingers but not so much that it moved around or creased during the day. It reminds me of Soap & Glory's Kick Ass concealer. The white shade, the brightener.. well I still haven't got my head around it. I tried it under my eyes but it just left an odd white cast. However, tapped on the top of your cheekbones works quite nicely. It's not shimmery but looks like a natural glow. My only criticism is I'd like a lighter variation - this is the lightest they do and I don't think it would cater to those of us with fairer skin.

Finally, the Sunkissed Bronzing Minerals* (£23.95). I really, really like this! It's not loose minerals, I think it's pressed, but it's super pigmented. You really only need a light dusting to see some colour. There are three shades in the compact, a deep bronze, a lighter tan and a matte white - it makes for a really great, versatile product. I mixed the two bronze shades together and applied it to my cheekbones and temples as I would any other day and was super impressed. It glides on the skin and looks very natural - like you really have caught the sun - because it's not orangey in any way. I then sweeped the white shade along my cheekbones and across my lids as a base, it's not as pigmented as the bronze shades which makes it much easier to work with. I think the bronze shades would work great as shadows too so you've got a lot to work with in such a great little compact.

Here's a picture of the finished look... 


Although a little more bronzed than I'd normally go for, I think it looks pretty natural, like I've just come off holiday, and it's making me feel much more prepared for spring/summer! What I should also add is it's the first time my other half has actually said 'Have you done something special with your makeup? It looks really fresh."... and he never notices a new makeup face, so it really has made an impression!

Have you tried anything from Sheer Cover?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment