Sunday, March 02, 2014

#TanyaBurrLipsAndNails: Picnic in the Park & Chic



Way back when I first discovered YouTube beauty gurus, Miss Tanya Burr was one of the first. Her Blake Lively tutorial was the one to draw me in and get me hooked on all things Tanya. Since then I've watched pretty much every video of hers and lapped up all her beauty advice and general tales of day to day life. So, when she announced her own line of lipglosses and nail polishes, I'd already pencilled in the release date before the video had ended.

This post is focusing on two of her lipglosses - Picnic in the Park and Chic - come back next Sunday for a look at a couple of her polishes! But before we get ahead of ourselves, let's take a look at these beauties...




I think this is one of the most coveted shades from the line after seeing several Instagram snaps of Tanya wearing it herself and I think she may have sported it at the launch of her range. It's a gorgeous bubblegum pink that can be worn strong or a light swipe will give a wash of colour without being too overpowering. I've found it one of the most perfect pinks for myself on a day to day basis and I cannot wait to slather it on in the warmer months - hello summer lips!




I opted for Chic as I thought a nude is a good colour to test out a range of lip products. It's so easy to get nudes wrong - too orangey, too concealer-like, just totally the wrong shade - but thankfully, Tanya's Chic is bang on. Bang, bloody, on. I adore this! I have quite pigmented lips already but this mutes out the colour perfectly without looking cakey. The shine is impeccable and is just the easiest nude to apply day or night. I've been wearing this more than Picnic in the Park mainly because it's become my go-to for days at work.

The glosses smell delicious. Seriously, it's like she's taken the smell of candy and sherbet, bottled it and encased it in the form of a gloss. It's not too overpowering so you won't get a whiff of the sweet stuff on your every movement when you wear the gloss but it makes applying it even more enjoyable. In the past I've not been one to opt for a gloss because I tend to find them over sticky and gloopy. However, the lipglosses by Tanya Burr are anything but. Yes, your locks will still get caught in it a little in the wind, but you don't get that horrid stringyness when you smack your lips together like I've experienced with glosses in the past. If anything, it's the right amount of stickiness to allow the product to stay put. I don't think any gloss stays around for very long, but I've found these to have an impressive hour or so of wear before needed to reapply.

I had my eye on a couple of others in the range - Vampire Kiss and Just Peachy, I'm looking at you - and now I know they're worth the hype, they're moving further up my wishlist.

Have you tried anything from the new Tanya Burr range?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment