Monday, November 11, 2013

Hidden Treasure: Revlon ColorBurst Bellini




Sometimes certain beauty products slip through your fingers and get pushed to the back of the line without so much as a reason why. This is one of those.
I've had Revlon's ColorBurst gloss in Bellini (isn't the name the yummiest thing ever?) for what seems like years, but it's only the past month or so I've really appreciated it. 

Bellini is a very cool pink that gives a 'my lips but better' look for me. Sure, if you layered this up it could be a little too concealer lips but dotted on lightly is just gives the most beautiful pearlescent sheen. It's not glittery or shimmery - which I think can make glosses difficult to wear on a daily basis - it's just a super glossy, non-sticky product that I'm obsessed with! It doesn't look like much in the bottle and the pictures don't really do it justice. I usually opt for deep plums, burgundies and reds during autumn/winter but I think a frosty gloss is super pretty. I like to wear it alone but have also worn in over light pink and nude lipsticks and dotted just in the centre to give a fuller appearance.

It wears off really nicely too. Of course, it doesn't stay on for hours but as it wears, it still keeps a slight glisten to the lips which I actually prefer. It just look so effortless!

The packaging is also to die for - the quilted effect on the lid makes it appear so much more expensive than its £7.99 price tag. And, being drugstore, you can usually pick it up in a 3 for 2 deal if you keep your eyes open.

I definitely think I need to invest in some more shades from this ColorBurst collection because the formula is faultless.

What shades are you reaching for this winter?

Ax

1 comment:

  1. That happends to me too and only when you tidy up every now and then thats when you find old favourites. I really like this lipgloss, what a nice colour on you!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete