Thursday, January 28, 2016

Recent Skincare Additions...


I'm not sure when it happened, but it seems my love for skincare is starting to creep ahead of my love for makeup... say what?! I know, right? It almost feels blasphemous.

I've been starting to really understand that taking care of my skin first and foremost will leave me with a perfect base for all that beautiful and fun makeup I want to wear. Cleansing my skin is the biggest hurdle I've overcome - I'll admit it, I have a tendency to do a few swipes with a micellar water and be done with it. However, trying out a few new cleansers has got me looking forward to those few minutes of indulgence. 

The two I've got here are both real cult favourites in the beauty world. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel and the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm. The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is beautiful. Seriously so worth the hype. The difference when using this to cleanse is insane - to the point where I had a few extra breakouts because of just how deep it cleansing my pores. It feels soothing and silky and truly leaves my skin feeling bang on.

I also love the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm but it does feel a little different. This is for when I feel like I've got a little more makeup on than usual. It's a bit heavier - the balm texture is fairly rich - so it seems more heavy duty. There's more of a scent with it too but nothing off putting. This is only a mini size at 20g but I didn't want to splash out on the full size if I wasn't sure whether my skin would suit it. It's such a cute little tub!

Finally this little beauty from Weleda. My cousin introduced me to this brand when I was over in Spain earlier this month and actually bought this for me. The Almond Soothing Face Cream is ideal for everyday. I've been using it each morning under my makeup and it's really lovely. The scent is a little odd, I'll be honest, but I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me. Weleda is a really pure, organic and natural brand so I like that aspect. It's doing well for my skin and would be ideal for really sensitive skin that has a tendency to play up.

Talking of Weleda... I need to get my hands on the infamous Skin Food. Tried it in Spain, loved it in Spain. Need it at home.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment