Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Trying Out Mary Kay Cosmetics





You know those brands that you hear of on the beauty grapevine but kind of brush off thinking you might not be missing out on much? Well Mary Kay Cosmetics is one of those for me. Not because I thought things would be rubbish, but there are so many other brands that I'm yet to try that are within reach that I put it on the back burner thinking, I'll get round to it. Well the guys at Mary Kay Cosmetics brought that forward a little when a few products landed on my doorstep a few weeks ago.

I've been trying a few bits from the Mary Kay @ Play* range - which seems to be the more playful and experimental colour selection from the brand. The packaging, in all honesty, is little to be desired. I feels a little plasticky and dare I say it cheap but what's inside the tubes really, really impressed me. 

There are two Mary Kay @ Play Cheek & Lip Sticks I've trialled - in Peach Pop and Razzleberry. I love cheek products in cream stick form because they're super easy to work with and these make it even easier because they are so pigmented. There's no exaggeration when I say even one dab with my stippling brush has been too much sometimes. Peach Pop is a little more forgiving, it's a stunning pinky peach that's most definitely my go to type of shade. Razzleberry is the one I have to be really careful with, one dab on the brush can actually do both cheeks but I'm surprised by how much I love it. It's a really deep plum that looks terrifying in the tube but when blended out, it's a gorgeous winter shade that I've got loads of wear out of already. both of them blend easily and once dried down, they do not budge for a good 8 hours.

Also in my pack were two Mary Kay @ Play Shadow & Liner sticks in Rebel Rose and Caramellow. On one end you have the shadow stick - once again a formula I love using because it's super easy - and on the other is a buttery soft liner. I'm not normally one to use liner like this day to day but when building a night out smokey look I think they'll come in really handy. Caramellow is a gorgeous gold that'll suit pretty much all skin tones, it's super easy to wear and a great swipe and go for an easy look. This is paired with a brown liner that's got a little gold shimmer in it. It's Rebel Rose that I've fallen in love with though! It's a gorgeous rose gold that looks so simple and elegant. It's not too pink that it looks odd on the lids, it's just the right balance and I've been reaching for it pretty much most days recently. This is paired with a simple matte black liner. The formula is great, it blends easily but you got to be quick because once it's dry, it's on for the long haul!

Want to see it in action? In this Instagram shot I'm wearing Rebel Rose on the lids and Peach Pop on my cheeks. Love.

I'm really impressed by these Mary Kay products and think I need to try out some more from the brand! Anyone got any suggestions?

Ax


No comments:

Post a Comment