Sunday, April 05, 2015

Trying Out Meat-Free...






Ok so first off I'd like to point out I am not giving up meat. There's no way I could definitely pack it up altogether but, as my other half has been away for the past week, I thought I'd give myself a break from chicken and try out a few new recipes from my towering pile of cook books...

They all turned out pretty well, with a few tweaks here and there, and I leafed through A Girl Called Jack by Jack Monroe, Eat by Nigel Slater and a little Easy 30 Minute Meals book. The Jack Monroe recipes were by far the easiest, the whole book is based around budget, healthy meals but all of them were fairly straight forward.

Monday... Mumma Jack's Best Ever Chilli link

Tuesday... Peach & Chickpea Curry (this is so tasty - I added a teeny bit of brown rice) link

Wednesday... Lentil Bolognaise (I added some courgette spaghetti in place of pasta) link

Thursday... Sweetcorn & Sweet Potato Chowder (the link takes you to a similar recipe with bacon) link

If you'd like me to share these recipes with you on here, let me know but hopefully those links will do the job - I'd definitely recommend picking up the recipe books though, super tasty and easy to adapt to your preferences. I'm thinking of doing them for my other half and add in some chicken to a couple of them.

Do you have any meat-free recipes you'd recommend?

Ax

1 comment:

  1. Hey, welcome to the veggie side, we have quorn! :P
    I'm not great with recipes but one thing I will say is quorn based meat replacements are not as nice as soya based. Soya just seems to have a better consistency. I like soya mince in veggie bolognaise and lasagne and soya strips or chunks in fajitas.
    I'm a full time veggie since birth but I have friends who do Meat Free Mondays and they really enjoy the change. I think it's less pressure that way.

    ReplyDelete