Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Review: Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm

Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm
Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm

I've been trying out a few Botanics skincare products recently mainly due to the fact I needed new moisturisers and eye creams but my budget wouldn't stretch to my normal purchases so a trip to Boots for something more affordable was in order. I'll share my findings of those in a couple of weeks after a proper trial but the one item I can share with you now is the Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm.

I was super intrigued when I spotted this on the shelves - have any of you ever seen it before? I must have missed it! I love trying new cleaners and have always wanted to add a balm to my collection but the likes of Emma Hardie et al are just a little too pricey right now so when this, at £8.99, caught my eye it went straight in my basket. 

The texture of Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm is a little odd - maybe not to someone who's used cleansing balms before - and it almost felt like a creme brulee when I first dipped in. A hard topping that's soft and squidgy when you get underneath. It's almost like a jam and looks a little gritty although when massaged into the skin you don't feel any particular exfoliation. On the skin it feels super lovely, very soothing and softening and the rosehip and jojoba oils instantly nourish. It smells pretty good, not too overpowering, although it had a hint of Lush Ultrabland at first! It's a very rich formula and melted my makeup off with ease. I actually prefer to remove the majority of my makeup with some micellar water and then go in with this as a second cleanse.

Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm comes with a muslin cloth which is super helpful, especially if you're new to this type of cleansing, and the cloth is pretty nice. It's not as soft as the ones I have from Liz Earle and does feel a tad coarse when it came to removing the balm. However, it'll make a great one/twice a week option for exfoliating in place of a normal scrub. 

I really like the Botanics packaging - across the board it's clean and clear in white tubs and tubes with everything set out very clearly so you know what you're getting. The Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm tub is actually very light so it'll be great for travelling and definitely coming with me on my next trip away. 

Overall, my skin felt seriously good after using this and I can see it becoming a firm favourite in my evening routine! With 97% of the ingredients being organic it's nice to know you're putting something good on your skin. Super impressed!

Have you tried much from the Botanics range?

Ax

2 comments:

  1. I have been loving cleansing balms, so I'm all for trying a budget version x


    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! I've never tried a cleansing balm but I definitely need to!

    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete