Monday, March 30, 2015

Top 5 | Spring Pinks

I bloomin' love spring. It's my second favourite season - behind autumn - because the nights get a little lighter, things get a bit warmer but a lightweight jacket will still hit the spot. Not only that, but I tend to bring in a few more pinky shades to my makeup...

Going through my stash for this post, I forgot just how many products I have that really are in that 'pink-toned' bracket and I've still managed to forget to include a pink nail polish - well done, Amy. One item I use daily, but will amp up the amount I use this season, is The Body Shop's Radiant Highlighter. I use this as a base before foundation for a bit of a glow but will be mixing it into my foundation as well for a real dose of oh, hello!.

Another face product, Benefit Hervana, is such a pretty pink blush and perfect for spring to freshen up a look. Swirled together, they give a baby pink flush that goes with pretty much any makeup look and any lipstick you want making it ideal for daily use. I sweep it a little higher on my cheekbones to lift my face on sleepy mornings.

Now on to the three lipsticks I have a feeling I'm going to be reaching for most this spring... Sleek Matte Me in Petal is so, so pretty! Ok, the matte effect isn't as great as some other formulas and needs to be kept in check but I just adore this dusky pastel shade in a matte finish - subtle and so wearable. For something with a little more vibrancy, check out Bourjois Shine Edition in 22 Famous Fuchsia. This was an #essiebuttoneffect purchase more than a year ago but it's so pretty, The Shine Edition lippys are so glossy and moisturising but don't falter on pigmentation. 22 is a fairly bright shade that looks great with a slick of winged liner.

Finally, my favourite of the whole bunch that I have been loving the past couple of days - my first dip in the Too Faced pool, La Creme in 'Razzle Dazzle Rose'*. My oh my, this is one pretty shade! I'd say it definitely has rose tones but also leans a little purple in some lights. It's so moisturising and so glossy, I'm completely in love and it's not left my lips all weekend! In fact, I'll be sporting this today to brighten up my 4am face and will most definitely be looking at more shades in this range - fingers crossed it's a winning formula across the board.

What are you favourite pinks for spring?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment