Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Birchbox x Women's Health January 2015




Birchbox is back for 2015 and they've kicked it off in style! I know I'm a little late to the January party here but still thought I'd throw in my two cents about the collab with Women's Health anyway. As someone who's recently got into picking up Women's Health, this little team up couldn't have come at a better time and I feel like, as many people take on the whole new year detox, Birchbox* have taken us down that route but with a more encouraging attitude.

So let's take a look at what's in the box - which you can still get here. (£12.95 pm)

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
I was super pleased to see this little baby in here! I've wanted to try Caudalie skincare for so long and this sounds right up my street. My skin is looking a little lacklustre recently so fingers crossed this does what it says on the tin and injects some glow!

Activbod Shower Concentrate
This is a totally new brand for me but I love the sporty packaging. I think this shower gel is targeted for post-workout showers, something I don't do because I live 2 minutes from mine, but I'll still give it a go and see how it fares. It doesn't smell of much, slightly citrusy, but overall quite fresh.

Philip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner
Another tube of joy for me this month! You hear nothing but good things about Philip Kingsley and, as I get quite flat hair, I think this is perfect for me. I'm hoping it'll leave my locks super soft with a bit of oomph - fingers crossed!

HealGel Body
The only product I'm a little meh about - HealGel. Purely because I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it - had I got the Face version I think it'd have come in more useful. However, I'm going to try this (randomly) under my arms as they can get quite irritated and this is meant to soothe so I'd like to think it could help.

Stila Lip Glaze in 'Gleam'
I've never actually tried a Stila Lip Glaze before but am fully aware of their popularity. Gleam is a muted cool toned pink with a little shimmer through it - although I'm not a shimmer fan normally, I'm actually looking forward to trying this for a full on glossy pout layered over something like MAC's Girl About Town - girly girl to the max! It smells super sweet too - yum!

Embrace Matcha Green Tea
Ahhh y'all know I'm a big fan of green tea! I banged on about it's health benefits here so I' m super excited to sip on this one morning. Matcha is supposedly a superfood with 10 times the antioxidants of regular green tea so this is right up my street. It's a powder, add 1/2 teaspoon to water or into smoothies - I think I may add it to my protein shakes post-workout.

Along with all of these goodies you get a Birchbox exclusive pilates band (I'm yet to figure out how to use it!), a booklet of 12 challenges to try out as well as an offer of 10 issues of Women's Health for £18 - saving 52%! I'm so taking them up on that offer!!

What do you think of January's Birchbox? Do you have a favourite beauty box?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment