Friday, January 30, 2015

The Overnight Treatment That Saved My Chapped Lips

I'll be honest, I've never been one to suffer too much with dry, chapped lips and tend to stock up on lip balms like they're going out of fashion simply because I enjoy using them - not because I necessarily need them. However, over this past week, things took a turn for the worst - things were dry, sore, uncomfortable and there was no way I could sport my usual lipsticks - and I felt a little lost as to what to reach for. My stash wasn't making the grade, my Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream (which I normally swear by) hasn't touched the sides and my Vitamin E balm from The Body Shop has failed me. But - there was one, albeit unexpected, product in my collection that's turned things around...

The Body Shop's Aloe Protective Restoring Mask is a face mask I use every now and then when my skin's a little sensitive and feel a bit tender but in a fit of desperation I thought why not try a layer on my lips overnight? The result - hydrated, smooth, perky lips come morning! The mask is marketed as an intensive treatment with prebiotics to boost skin's natural barrier and it seems all that goodness worked wonders on my pout. I use TBS masks overnight regularly, so there's no problem with doing that, but used on my lips it just worked.

Seriously this is a revelation in my books and will continue doing it for around a week to make sure things are back to normal - if  the cold weather's causing havoc on your lips too, and you've got this in a drawer somewhere, dig it out and have a try. (I'd still say to buy it anyway 'cause it's an awesome mask in its own right regardless...!)

Do you have any saviours for dry lips?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment