Friday, November 28, 2014

Elizabeth Arden Duty Free Shopping


What is it about duty free that always pulls you in? I think it's practically impossible to stroll through without picking up a single thing. On my recent trip to Spain, it was the journey home that pulled me - and my mother! - in...

I've mentioned before how much of a fan I am of the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream in pretty much every form. The original is brilliant, the hand cream is great and the face sunscreen is one of my favourite but the one that steals the show for me is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream lip balm. This has been talked about in these parts in my night time routine or whenever anything comes up to do with dry/flaky lips - this is the one. I'm reaching the end of mine so it was a no brainer to pick up another and this one was in some fancy shmancy packaging - how glam?! I think it's a limited edition packaging because of it winning a few beauty awards recently and have seen a couple of Christmas gifts in this design so definitely keep your eyes peeled!

The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant SPF15 comes in bullet form which is my favourite part - there is also a balm in a tub but no one wants sticky fingers - and the smell isn't overwhelming. I know some don't favour the Eight Hour Cream scent but this is very subtle. As mentioned, I tend to use this overnight but with the winter fully set in, I'll be popping this one in my handbag for daily use! I honestly don't think there's a better lip balm for those who really struggle with dry lips that get chapped and flaky easily.

I also came home with a new product to try, again from the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream range, but this time the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Nighttime Miracle Moisturiser. Whilst I was away I started to notice my skin was getting a little more dehydrated than normal and makeup wasn't sitting quite right so I'm really looking forward to using this of an evening and injecting some moisture back in. This doesn't have the normal Eight Hour Cream scent and is actually slightly lavender scented although it's really not very strong but much more preferable to apply on the skin. The texture is reasonably thick but not sticky at all and although looks greasy, doesn't actually feel it. It's surprisingly lightweight form what I've tried on the back of my hand so I'm really looking forward to this!

It was actually 3 for 2 on the entire Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream range they had so my Mom actually got herself a tub of the night cream as well so I'll be interested to see how she gets on in comparison.

As I said there are some Christmas gift sets floating about like this one with the limited edition packaging and I love this lip protectant focused one as well.

Anyone else share my love for the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment