Friday, September 05, 2014

Top Three | Volumising Mascaras


Today we're talking volume. In lashes. I'm all for big lashes but, compared to my university days, I prefer to go au natural with the help of mascara over falsies. I actually think I look really strange without thick lashes so you'll see me with lashings of the black stuff on pretty much every day. Although I like my lashes thick, I don't want them too spidery and these three babies give me all the volume with none of the arachnid.

Bourjois Twist Up The Volume link
This was a try and hope purchase originally. It has two settings - the first is a standard straight wand and the second twists the wand to allow you build volume. The plastic brush works well considering it's plastic - I'm not normally a fan - but you can really layer it up. Not a huge fan of it for bottom lashes, things just get a little messy because the brush is quite large. Although it's not waterproof this bad boy stays around! Seriously, a bi-phase solution is needed to get rid of all of this at the end of the day. An awesome drugstore purchase (£10.99) if ever there was one.

Clarins Wonder Perfect link
At double the price (£21.00) of the Bourjois one, this isn't the most purse friendly. I love this mascara from Clarins but I do come and go in phases with it. It seriously oomphs up my lashes to the max but can sometime go clumpy if I over do it. So play safe with this one but definitely look into it. The fibre brush is a lovely shape that packs on the volume so easily.

Lancome Hypnose link
The be all and end all of volumising mascaras for me. Hypnose and I go way back and I rekindled my love for this recently as well as investing in the waterproof version which is just as perfect. The straight brush has just the right length fibre bristles and somehow really layers on the volume. It's so easy to pack it on, especially if you're in a rush in the morning, making thicker lashes easy to get. It's really rather pricey (£22.50) but I'd repurchase this time and time again because it's worth every penny!

What are your favourite mascaras?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment