Sunday, July 06, 2014

The Latest In Beauty Glamour Edit (July 2014)



Well isn't this a box jam packed full of goodness?! Seriously this is such an epic box, everyone needs to get on it - it's £16.95 for more than £86 worth of stuff! EIGHTY-SIX POUNDS! That's crazy!! Ok let's stop with the exclamation points and take a proper look at what exactly is inside Latest in Beauty's most recent Glamour Edit box.

Illamasqua Glamore lipstick in Cherub (worth £18.50)
This was one of the main reasons I bought this box, a lippy from the new Illamasqua Glamore Nude Collection! How awesome is that?! I don't even think they're out yet. I got, Cherub, a coral based nude that would really give some life to deeper skin tones. Unfortunately, it's not quite working for me yet. I know you can't help what shade you get but something like Rosepout would have sat better. I'm hoping maybe layering it with an orange toned gloss will make it a little more wearable for myself. The formula is beautiful though! Super satiny soft, glides on the lips seamlessly - I'm super impressed! Especially as this is my first ever Illamasqua product, let alone lipstick!

Crabtree & Evelyn nail polish in Apple (worth £6.00)
I never new Crabtree & Evelyn did nail polish! It's always been a brand for hand lotion, body lotion and bits like that as opposed to makeup. I always enjoy getting polishes, especially new brands, because I like to try out other formulas. Apple is a true apple red with a slight shimmer running through it - a classic shade. I'm not sure it's my kind of thing, I'm not one for shimmer in polishes, but I have a feeling my Mom is going to love this! A reasonable RRP at £6 too!

Bourjois Cream Blush in 02 Healthy Glow (worth £7.99)
Sticking on the makeup, I bloody love this one! I got my first Bourjois Cream Blush in the Latest in Beauty box collab with The British Beauty Blogger last month, but in 01 a cool toned peach. I really quite like that but the Bourjois Cream Blush in 02 Healthy Glow is way more up my street! I can't express how excited I am about this one! The peachy/apricot tone is really, really similar to my 'Ultimate Blusher' from Rimmel so I'm really looking forward to using this - adore!

Magnifibres (worth £16.00)
This one both intrigues and scares me. Magnifibres is essentially a step between two coats of mascara - apply mascara, apply these teeny weeny fibres, then another layer of mascara and tons of length will be added. I tried something similar from Sheer Cover earlier in the year but was really nervous because I'm a contact lens wearer - I didn't want those tiny fibres getting into my eyes. Although, for special occasions I do think these would work quite well as long as you're careful. I'm going to give them a whirl soon so will report back... fingers crossed! However, another full size product?! Amazing!

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (worth £4.50)
Now, to remove all that slap - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is dabomb. Yep, I said it. I've raved about this beauty before and was pleasantly surprised when I saw this in the box as my other mini is on it's last legs. This'll do nicely for holiday! It's a gorgeous silky oil that removes even waterproof mascara with ease and doesn't leave a nasty oil film behind. Again, a full size mini that you can purchase alone - not just a brand sample.

Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection SPF30 (worth approx. £6.75)
Another full size mini - not a brand sample size - is the Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection lotion with SPF30. I'm really excited to use this on holiday - it'll be perfect for when we go out and about and can't be bothered to carry a huge bottle around. I love that it's a high SPF and it smells incredible, as most HT products do! A really lovely addition.

Rimmel Instant Tan BB Perfector in Medium Matte (worth £6.99)
Another full size!!!! Spoilt or what?! For when the sun doesn't make an appearance and SPF isn't necessary, this will do the trick. I've seen a few bloggers talk about this recently and raved about it, however they said the medium is really quite dark so I'm a little nervous about using it. However, it washes off so it won't be a disaster for too long if it doesn't go well. I'm glad it's not shimmery though, I can't get my head around shimmery fake tan!

Velvotan tanning mitt (worth £2.99)
This has come at just the right time - I was in serious need of a new mitt! I'm going to try and remember to rinse this one through as my other ones get grubby so quickly because I tend to... forget. Ooops. The Velvotan mitt does look pretty nice though, smooth texture so it should give an even finish. A mitt is kind of just a mitt though, I guess.

Toni & Guy Volume Plumping Whip (worth £7.19)
Oooh this looks interesting! I'm all for finding new ways to get volume in my hair and the Toni & Guy Volume Plumping Whip really intrigues me - a whip? I'm not sure what to expect, is it a mousse? Is it a thick cream? We shall see! And I will definitely report back. Can I just say... yet another full size?! 

All in all this is truly an incredible box! Every single thing is a full size product, some are minis yes but the way I see it, if I can buy it as that mini, that's a full size. To me, samples are in sachets, unpurchaseable or teeny perfume sprays - you get the idea. Want to get your hands on it? Simply visit the Latest in Beauty website here and snap it up quick, this baby will definitely go fast!

What out of this box would you most like to try?

Ax

Don't forget my GIVEAWAY to win an Odylique Coconut Candy Scrub! Enter here - it closes tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment