Monday, July 28, 2014

Holiday Prep 101


Just one day to go until I'm flying over to Croatia! I can't believe how quick it's come round! This year is their first that I am desperate for a break, to just sit and do nothing for a week. I think that's because things have stepped up a notch at work this year so now I feel like I've actually earned it which it nice. 

Obviously a summer holiday requires lots of prep - both body wise and packing - so over the past couple of days that's exactly what I've been doing. You can't just rock up on the beach without having scrubbed, creamed and smoothed every inch of your body now, can you? So let's start with that - body scrub. I've been used The Body Shop's Vineyard Peach Cream Body Scrub every other day for the past week to really get rid of those dead skin cells. This means it'll give me a closer shave and allow any tanning that goes on to form nice and evenly and last longer. This Vineyard Peach Cream Body Scrub is delicious! It smells exactly like peaches and I love the creaminess of it because it leaves my skin  little more moisturised than other gel-like scrubs. Then I go in and de-fuzz any areas that shouldn't be sprouting hairs. I use disposable razors from Gilette but should really invest in something a little more substantial. Then comes my saviour for the hot weather - Nad's Ingrow Solution*. This stuff rocks. It has aloe vera in it which soothes the skin and it a gel that you appl to areas like your bikini line or under arms to prevent any in grown hairs. I get quite a few in these areas, little bumps, but these soothes the area and stops any from arising. Really, really good stuff.

Next onto a little pre-holiday colour. I am the palest of them all. Some call this English Rose, I call it an inconvenience. I don't tan very easily at all so I like to give my skin a bit of a helping hand before I bare all my the pool. I'm not talking over the top tanning, just a little colour. I've been used Dove's Summer Glow lotion every day for the past week to build up some sort of colour and make me look less transparent (you think I'm exaggerating...). I like this stuff, I used it a lot when I was younger, but it does have a hint of faketan smell despite being a gradual tanner. It works well though - just don't forget to wash your hands after applying it. If I want something a little more substantial, I may put on a light layer of my favourite fake tan - Xen Tan Moroccan Tan. This stuff smells like coconuts, has a gorgeous olive toned finish to it and wears really well. Sure, it whiffs of biscuits, but I can withstand that in favour of it's gorgeous colour.

Finally, a little facial skin prep. Of course, I've been doing my usual routine as normal but upping it in the face mask stakes. My favourite is the Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel*. This stuff smells delicious, has a great moisturising consistency and just exfoliates the skin to leave it looking a little more radiant. See a full review over here. This bottle was actually gifted to me from Elemis after I tweeted that I'd ran out - so nice of them! Thanks guys!

So there we have it, I'm prepped and ready to go! Now there's just the small matter of packing... 

Ax


No comments:

Post a Comment