Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag? | Holiday Edit


It's our first full day in Pula in Croatia and it's due to rain, which kinda sucks... it's beautiful and I want to explore! And get my pool-chill on. In the meantime, here's a peek at what I've packed for a week away in the sunshine rain. I like to think I'm quite minimal when it comes to what makeup I take away with me, but truth be told it doesn't differ that much from what I wear at home. That's not because I like to pile it on when I'm away but more so because my day to day makeup is quite minimal in itself. A fresh dewy base, bronzed skin and a couple of shadows to bring out my green eyes - sorted.

First up, the base. I've brought along Monu's Illuminating Primer SPF15* and Soap & Glory's Hocus Focus. The only time I'll be wearing slap will be of an evening so I'm not fussed about it being super long lasting so this from Monu will give a nice starting point whilst giving my skin a little bit of a boost. A dab of Hocus Focus on my cheekbones, temples and a sneaky bit on my collarbone will just add a little more glowiness to my holiday skin. The only foundation-type product I'm bringing along is Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. I adore this stuff and wear it so much at home. I don't want something heavy while I'm away but this gives a touch of coverage and balances out redness - perfect for those 'should have stayed in the shade' days. Oh, and the SPF15 is an added bonus.

Concealer-wise I have my trusty duo of Maybelline's Fit Me and L'Oreal Lumi Magique. Maybelline Fit Me is perfect for under the eyes and a touch of L'Oreal Lumi Magique just highlights the area a little more too. Again, it's all to create a glowing, casual, holiday look.

I'll be bronzing up my skin with my trusty NARS Laguna which can be applied lightly for an all over glow or focused on my cheekbones for a little contouring. To carry on the bronzed look, No7's Instant Radiance Bronzed Highlighter will do a wonderful job of highlighting my brow bone, cheekbones and cupid's bow. As for blush I managed to bring just one - Bourjois Cream Blush 02. I love this red-coral shade, it's similar to what I named my ultimate blush but a little more compact. It goes great with bronzed skin which is why I brought this along over any others.

For the eyes - I couldn't come away with my L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim. I don't think I'll get too much use out of it as I want things to be quite minimal but it's like my safety blanket for those times when nothing else is working - a feline flick saves the day every time. Picking just one eyeshadow palette to bring was a toughie - I have favourites within so many of them - but I'm really looking forward to using this one from The Body Shop. The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes in Spring Bronze came home with me after a recent stint in the store and the colours just look perfect - I'm especially excited to use the coppery toned one! I've also packed both waterproof and normal versions of L'Oreal's Miss Manga mascara. Waterproof for during the day and normal for the evenings - I hate scrubbing off waterproof mascara at the best of times so I'd rather only do it once during the day. I'm not entirely sure whether I'll bother in the day time but better to be safe than sorry!

I do have a couple of lipsticks with me too and I also forgot to include my brow kit in this snap but it's all pretty standard stuff so you\re not missing much! My makeup bag is by Vanilla Fly at Selfridges and I bloomin' love it! There's the same size in a different shade, or my shade but a little larger.

Hope you're all having a lovely week - please, enable me with your holiday makeup essentials!

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment