Monday, April 14, 2014

NARS Earth Angel

NARS Earth Angel

NARS Earth Angel


NARS Earth Angel

This weekend was a pretty packed one, visiting parents (aka getting a couple of free meals - cheers parentals!) and seeing the beautiful Justin Timberlake took up most of our time, but a deep house clean was also needed. The point of this being that a deep house clean meant the rediscovery of a couple of makeup items, an Erborian BB Cream sample (totally the wrong shade for me... hello orange fod), an Estee Lauder Double Wear powder sample and this NARS beauty - the eyeshadow duo Earth Angel.

Earth Angel was my first, and only, NARS eyeshadow purchase and one that I'd been coveting for a long while. I'd been looking for the perfect khaki shadow, not sure why, and during a Christmas time browse of Selfridges beauty counter, Earth Angel was the one. The two colours, a bronzed taupe and muted olive, don't look like they'd work well together but are a beautiful alternative to a neutral shadow look. For this look, I swept the bronzed taupe all over the lid then blended the olive shade into the crease and on the edge of the socket - in other words, the most basic of smokey eyes but the colours used make it that little more exciting.

In regards to the formula of the shadows, they're really easy to blend and they're buildable - high pigmentation in shadows can be a brilliant thing but I always prefer a little less pigmentation so I can build on the colour and wear it light or more full on depending on my mood. I didn't find there to be any fallout either, so all in all - a pretty decent application experience!

The khaki isn't too in your face which I like, and although it isn't one I'll use every day - seriously, if anyone has suggestions on ways to wear it - I know the taupe will be swept on on many occasions from now on! It's a beautiful bronzed taupe, right up my street, and I'm gutted it's been sitting unloved in a drawer for so long. 

Which NARS duos do you recommend?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment