Sunday, April 13, 2014

Antipodes Divine Face Oil


Face oils used to completely baffle me. Seriously, why would I want to put an oil on my oily face? I truly didn't understand it, but blogging has opened my eyes to the world of face oils and how beneficial they can be for your skin.

The Divine Face Oil Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip from Antipodes is my first dabble into the facial oil world but I will tell you it won't be my last. I've been using it in my night time skincare routine since the New Year and have truly seen a real improvement in my skin. At first, I wasn't sure it did anything but I stuck with it - knowing it can take a while for changes to happen with new products - and now really love the affect. It's the second product I use in my regime, after my eye cream, and I simply pat 4 drops across the whole of my face before smoothing it outwards across my jawline and forehead.


The oil itself is housed in a teeny bottle with a pipette which makes it easy to apply. The bottle may look tiny, but I've been using it daily for 4 months and I'm not even half way through it - I can see it lasting me the year! It's not sticky and doesn't leave any sticky feeling on my skin. My skin does feel quite oily afterwards but not in a way that is uncomfortable. I just let it sink in for a minute or two before going on with the rest of my routine.

Come morning, my skin feels baby soft and a little more plumped. I've also noticed over time that the redness in my skin has really been reduced and I think that's down to the rosehip in the product - an ingredient known for reducing redness and calming the skin. So after 4 months of use, my skin is now brighter, less red, the skin tone is evened out and it's just looking much healthier - I'm not saying it's all down to this, I think having a solid skin regime really helps, but the Divine Face Oil has most definitely played a part.

At £18.99 it may seem a tad steep but when you compare it to other products you use in your skincare routine, I bet it's pretty average. Plus, as I've said it'll last bloomin' ages.

I've not used anything else from Antipodes but have heard wonderful things about the brand from several other bloggers, namely Estee. It's full of good stuff, no nasties, and lots of organic ingredients which makes me even happier to slather it on my face.

Are there any face oils you'd recommend? Or other Antipodes products?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment