Monday, December 02, 2013

Lush Vanillary


Recently I feel like I've been in a bit of a fragrance-rut, using the same ones over and over and even succumbing to using my 'for-special-occasions' Miss Dior just to spice things up a little! However, discovering the Lush perfumes has eased the pain...
I've never tried any of the Lush Gorilla Perfumes before so when I was at the Danger! Cosmetics To Go book launch, I thought it was the perfect time to find out some more. There a quite a few to choose from - some that are a little too potent, shall we say, for my liking - and a mix of men and women. The inspiration behind some of them is brilliant. Namely Lust - it was created for a woman who wanted her fiancé to be overwhelmed with lust and find her completely irresistible on their wedding night... ooerr! The men's Breath of God is also a bit fancy shmancy, too.

However, I went for Vanillary - a sweeter fragrance with a hint of jasmine and caramel. It's much sweeter than what I'd normally go for but on my skin, it deepens slightly which makes it a little more personal, I think. Perfumes don't normally change much once I spray them on so it's nice that this alters slightly. I have the spritzer which comes in at £12.50. The strength of the spritzer was described to me as being something you'd like something to be able to smell if you walk past. They also do a stick, which is weaker and something to be smelt up close and personal and the atomiser, the strongest of them all with the intent of making an impact as soon as you walk in a room. I love the varying strengths as it make sit even more personal to suit your preference.

Although I've not needed to top up through the day, when I'm out for a longer period of time I've kept this in my bag for a quick spritz - it's the perfect handbag size! I'd really like Lush to bring out more fragrances in this range - maybe something a little spicier but not as potent as Karma of Sikkim Girls.

I'm thinking of doing a cheeky Lush giveaway as an early Christmas present for one lucky reader - hands up, who's interested?

Have you tried any of the Lush Gorilla Perfumes?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment