Monday, November 25, 2013

Danger! Cosmetics To Go | Lush



I've been blogging for over two years now, however I'd never been to any blogger event or product launch - until now! One of my favourite brands, Lush, invited me to the launch of the Cosmetics To Go book and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect event to go to for my first one!
Warning - picture heavy post!

The evening was to celebrate the launch of the Danger! Cosmetics To Go book - a hardback compilation of the history of the brand that came before Lush. The author, Mira Manga (total babe!), was also there to talk us through the 23 months she spent writing it and her enthusiasm for the company is so clear in the way she writes. Cosmetics To Go was ran by the founders of Lush and they worked with The Body Shop providing them with their organic hand made soaps back in the 80s. The brands have such similar ethiccs and values that it all seems to slot into place that they'd have such a connection. 

The book is pretty awesome to be honest, the design is so vibrant and would perfectly grace any coffee table or bookshelf. I can see it taking pride of place for anyone to have a flick through when you have a spare few minutes. I was lucky enough to get mine personalised by Mira - this was her first blogger event which made it even more special for me as it was my first one too!




Here are a few snaps from the event...






We also got to have a close up look at the Christmas collection and explore the Lush range further. I've never really been a regular at Lush, mainly because of accessibility issues, so having a chance to see things properly was great. This is where my appreciation for Lush girl Jen comes in - she was such a babe. She told me about so many of the inspirations behind the products and gave me a really good chance to try out a few bits.

One of my favourites is the Lord of Misrule bath ballistic - a gorgeous blend of patchouli, vanilla and black pepper, it's a seriously luxury fragrance. The colours are insane as well, it begins with a festive green and then as it melts the wine coloured centre comes through and creates this beautiful blend.



I also got to try the new Santa lip scrub. I'm a huge fan of Lush lip scrubs, namely Bubblegum and Mint Julips, and this one does not disappoint! A blend of cherries and dates which tastes like fizzy cola bottles... what more could you want?!


After all of the these wonderful goings on I left with an incredible gift bag full of goodies as well as a few samples I picked up to try out. I won't go into detail of what I got because there'll be some reviews on the way!





You can pick up your copy of Danger! Cosmetics To Go online for £19.95 - the perfect christmas gift for any beauty lover! (Or yourself...)

What are you picks from the Lush Christmas collection? Or any cult faves?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment