Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: MUA Undressed


I'm not sure how many people have heard of MUA (Makeup Academy). If you haven't then, well, you really need to source it out! I've only ever seen it sold in Superdrug and online so it can be hard to get hold of - especially if you only have a small Superdrug near you.

The products are very cheap. We're talking £1 for an eyeshadow - A POUND! However, don't be fooled into thinking the quality will be rubbish because it's cheap. In fact, their stuff it pretty damn good! I've used several of their products including the base primer, eye primer and eyeshadows - all of which I've been really happy with. I actually swore by the base primer (it's only £4!) for a long time until I discovered my current one from The Body Shop.

Anyway, this is a review of their Undressed eyeshadow palette. A long while ago I fell in love with their Heaven & Earth palette. The Undressed one is very similar in it's colour scheme except they're a little more muted than Heaven & Earth and they have a couple of blue shades too.

Here's a few snapshots for you:





The colours are beautiful and have a great colour payoff. I'm not huge on shimmery shadows but can just about deal with these - especially when they're mixed with the three matte colours. Saying that, the matte colours aren't very concentrated they're very sheer so it takes a few layers to really build up the colour. It doesn't bother me so much because I like to use them as an all over eyelid base colour and an every day highlighter for brows and the tear duct.

Now, on to the swatches!


Top two colours match first two swatches - Bottom two colours match second two swatches



Top two colours match first two swatches - Bottom two colours match second two swatches



Top two colours match first two swatches - Bottom two colours match second two swatches

My favourites from the palette are definitely the golds. They remind me of the golds we saw in the Clarins Odyssey palette that came out (and sold out!) this Christmas. I also love the rose gold shade from the second quad - it's a beautiful, wearable tone that would suit all skin tones.

I'll be testing out the stunning midnight blue on Saturday night when I (try to) recreate Tanya Burr's navy blue smokey eye look.

So, how much will this fantastic palette of 12 gorgeous shades set me back I hear you ask? Do not fear, you can expect to pay just three English pounds for this baby. 3 POUNDS. I know, crazy, right? 

The packaging isn't great - the lid of my old palette snapped off within days so I'm trying to be extra careful with this one. But, for that price I'm seriously not complaining!

Have you tried anything from MUA? What do you think of their products?

Much love,

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment