Saturday, September 12, 2015

Life Lately...


*sweeps virtual dust from blog*

Ah, much better...

Long time no see! Let's skip over the fact it's been a while since I last posted and get to the good part - a good old catch up! Seriously though, I am super sorry for slacking so much but things got really out of hand and crazy mental busy so this had to take a back seat for a while.

So back in July I left the job I'd been in since I left uni, had been in for over 3 years and stepped into something new, something scary and something it's taken a while to get my head around. It all changed really quickly and before I knew it I was in my first few weeks of training in the new job, completely exhausted but loving every minute of it. There's been so much to take in and it was muddled up even more because I had my summer holiday during it so I've only really just got settled into it. By the way - it's awesome.

So my summer holiday. Now that was epic. Normally I'd have done a post leading up to it and then afterwards but unfortunately you'll just have to re-live it through my Instagram posts - there was plenty. The jist of it - we flew to LA, stopped over for a night then drove to Vegas for 3 nights followed by Palm Springs for two before going back to LA for 3 nights. Vegas we'd done before and it was as awesome as I remembered. I bloody love that place and just want to go back time and time again! We did some gambling, some shopping and ate at so many yummy places like Gordon Ramsey's Burgr and Serendipity 3 - amaze. Palm Springs was really chilled out - super hot - but we just had a couple of days relaxing. Los Angeles was another new visit for both of us. We did the Universal Studios Tour and theme park, Walk of Fame and Chinese Theatre (both pretty 'meh' if I'm honest) went walked along Santa Monica beach (that's the picture above - love that place) and we did Warner Brothers Studio Tour. This was epic!! I got to go on the some of the sets of Pretty Little Liars, saw areas used for things like Suits and also they have the Friends set of Central Perk! OMG LIFE MADE. We got a photo on the sofas and everything! Literally LOVE. Oh and also they have these green screens set up to shoot a little video for Harry Potter, Batman or Gravity. We obvs went for HP and wore a cape and everything. Basically, everyone should do the Warner Brothers Tour.

After all that excitement it was time to really get stuck into my new job and that brings us to here. I have tons of posts I want to write up and share with you so am super excited to get back into my blog. Time to kick start the second part of 2015 with a beauty bang!

Apologies again, but... I'm back!

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment