Friday, June 12, 2015

5 Weekend Away Essentials


So if you follow me on Snapchat (missamyelinor) or Twitter you'll probably have seen me waffling on about my excitement for this weekend! If not - where the heck you been?! Well, just like this time last year, me and 2 of my closest friends are heading to a convention today for three days for stars of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals... if you have no idea what I'm on about, read this post here for a bit more detail. Basically it's a weekend full of giggles, drinks and beautiful people! 

Now during this weekend, it's going to be long days with lots of pictures and evening parties as well so I need a fair few options when it comes to my makeup. However, there are a few essentials I'm definitely sure about so here's a rundown.

One of my primers will be Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Bare Light. I really love this under foundation to give a glow to the skin. It's not for long lasting makeup but it is for giving my complexion a boost - I need be looking fresh and alive even after a few too many tequilas and this will give me just that. To follow that, I'll be taking a foundation I'm currently loving and have jut repurchased - I hardly ever repurchase the same foundation so it's saying something that I've gone for this again! It's the L'Oreal Infallible 24H, it's the one for normal complexions as opposed to the matte version which is perfect for my dehydrated skin. I'm loving the dewy finish of this and it really lasts all day which is perfect for this weekend! 

So because I'm probably not going to get as much rest as I'd have liked, concealer and highlighter will be my best pals the next few days... I recently picked up the Maybelline Lumi Touch Highlighter (my usual L'Oreal Lumi Magique was out of stock) and although it's not taken the place of the L'Oreal one, I am still enjoying using it. It has more coverage but still brightens under my eyes so some intense highlighting will definitely be happening!

My usual contour/bronzing routine will still be a thing but I'll be taking along a new product I've trialing and currently enjoying is The Body Shop Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome in 03*. This really warms up the face and works great around the hairline and temples for a natural sunkissed look when blended in with a stippling brush. Plus, as it's creamy I find it lasts longer.

Finally a new purchase but one I'm sure will become a favourite - L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure in Over The Taupe. It looks much more brown in the photo for some reason but is actually a beautiful taupe. I love taupe shades on me because of my green eyes and the metallic-type finish on this will look super pretty. A swipe over the lids for daytime or smoked up a bit for the evening - this will work a multitude of ways! The formula is just as good as everyone says, super buttery soft and so blendable, can't wait to wear this!

What are some of your weekend essentials?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment