Monday, December 09, 2013

Review: Soap & Glory Archery


Up until now, a MAC 266 and a pot of brown eyeshadow has been my go-to for my brows, but I've started going for a much more natural look and I definitely prefer it. It's all thanks to a little beauty from Soap & Glory.

I've found it hard to go a little more au naturale on the brows using a shadow and brush combo so, after seeing lots of reviews about the Anastasia and Hourglass brow pencils, I was on the hunt for a cheaper alternative... then I came across Archery from Soap & Glory (£10). I have to say Soap & Glory knock it out the park with their beauty offerings - the Supercat liner and Kick Ass powder are permanent fixtures in my makeup bag.


On one end there's a coloured pen and on the other a crayon. I like to use the pen first to draw in fine lines and create the effect of actual hairs. I then fill in gaps with the crayon, which gives a really natural look because it's not very pigmented. It does take a little longer but I much prefer the finished look. Colour-wise I have Brownie Points which is a pretty good match, it's much more ashy and closer to my natural colour. There's only two colour options and this is the darkest but I think if you were to press harder with the crayon you'd get a more intense colour from it. 

Below is a before (on the left) and after (on the right) followed by a finished pairing. 



I really like how versatile it is but super easy to use and it's affordable. Finished with a slick of clear mascara I have to say it gets huge thumbs up from me!

What are you favourite brow products?
Are there any Soap & Glory beauty bits I need to try?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment