Friday, March 27, 2015

Currently Obsessed: L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Pure Red by J-Lo



It's been a while since I bought a new lipstick. Honestly! It really has! I'd gone through my stash and realised I definitely didn't need anything new but then a trip to Boots happened. 3 for 2 on L'Oreal happened. And, well... the rest is history.

You may have already seen my Twitter rave about this but bear with me... I don't think I've ever had a L'Oreal lipstick, despite swatching pretty much the entire range on various trips, but as soon as I spotted J-Lo's Collection Exclusive Pure Red I couldn't say no. What? I already had two bits anyway - I was just playing by the 3 for 2 rules! Seriously though, I think this is the best red lipstick I've ever had.

Not only is the packaging beautiful, the formula rocks. It's a matte lip like I've never had before - no drying, not uncomfortable tightness and it really does stay put. Despite it probably calling for the use of a lip pencil, I got away without one and it literally glided onto my lips like a satin formula would. I applied the lippy at 5am - the picture above was taken at 7am - and even at around 1pm when I'd finished work it was pretty much perfect! I'd eaten breakfast, snacked on an apple, had hot drinks and not touched it up at all - seriously, I'm SO impressed!

The colour is beautiful too, a perfect blue-toned shade that makes teeth look whiter and compliments my skintone. It's pretty much everything I expected from MAC's Ruby Woo that fell short. I seriously cannot get enough of this and need to head back and pick up Blake Lively's offering (I'd planned to before but it was out of stock...) but who am I kidding? I want them all!

Have you tried any of L'Oreal's Collection Exclusive range?

No comments:

Post a Comment