Monday, January 12, 2015

The Best Blusher Ever | Bourjois Cream Blush


I know things have been a little sporadic around these parts so far in 2015, I think I'm still getting into the swing of a new year whilst getting on track with work life so stick with me - a pattern will soon emerge!

I shared my 2014 favourites with you lovely lot before we saw in 2015 and mentioned the Bourjois Cream Blushes as my go-to blush products for the past 12 months - however, as I hadn't done an actual review of either of my beauties, I thought now was the time! Both of these were gifted in various beauty boxes but I have been completely blown away!

The Bourjois Cream Blush (£7.99) comes in six shades, including two that are more on the bronze-side of things. I have number 01 Nude Velvet and 02 Healthy Glow and adore both using each multiple times each week because they just work with so many different makeup looks. 01 Nude Velet is pretty much exactly that - a peach toned nude - and my go to for natural days or when I'm sporting a particularly heavy makeup look because it gives a subtle flush without overpowering anything else. In the picture above, I'm wearing it on the right. 02 Healthy Glow is, again, very suitably named. It's more of a coral, the type of shade I'm beginning to realise looks best on my skin tone. I actually find this easier to wear than 01 Nude Velvet and it's definitely the one I use more out of the two - I'm wearing it on the left on the picture above.

Now, let's talk formula - the Bourjois Cream Blush are supposedly cream to power formulas but I find them to stay pretty much as a cream, which I prefer because they're so much easier to blend and last far longer. I find the best way to apply is with my trusty Real Techniques Stippling Brush - either stipple straight from pan to cheek or remove some on the back of your hand first. Neither are overly pigmented meaning there's no risk of overdoing it but if you're not sure how it'll look, dab it off on the back of your hand to be safe and just build it up slowly. 

On a side note - these work pretty darn well as lip products too! I like to use Bourjois' Color Boost Peach On The Beach with 01 Nude Velvet lightly patted over the top to mattify it a little - such a pretty summer lip combo.

Have you tried the Cream Blush pots from Bourjois?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment