Wednesday, January 14, 2015

How To Fix A Bad Matte Lip



We've all been there - thought you were rocking a matte lip with ease when actually that third chai latte has made things wear more than you thought and build up in places it really shouldn't. Sound familiar? Me too. Don't get me wrong, I love a matte lip and think the formula of products, both high end and drugstore, have come on leaps and bounds but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Here's how to save a matte lip...

I've been wearing the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets (Hot Pepper and Pink Pong pictured) a lot over the past week and seriously they rock - they last a good 6 hours and that's with eating and drinking in between. However, past that point I find they start to wear away on the insides of my lips and that's the same problem I have with most matte lipsticks/liquid lipsticks. The problem with matte products is that they don't really work well when topped up. Normally lipsticks can be layered up but when it's matte it just doesn't work so I like to opt for a change in finish and make things a little more glossy.

This is where the Maybelline Baby Lips come in. The Baby Lips were huge in 2013 but I feel my love for them has dwindled - not any more! I keep both Cherry Me and Pink Punch in my handbag because they're lifesavers with matte lipsticks. I simply put them on over the top of a worn away matte lip focusing on the inner parts to smudge out what's left and fill in any gaps - voila!

Not only will it rehydrate, but it'll spread the remaining colour out so it all blends together and leave you with a glossy pout. The colour hardly changes because the Baby Lips are only slightly tinted but that slight tint is needed (as opposed to using a clear balm for example) to blend it all out - plus it doesn't ruin a clear balm. I'm hoping this makes sense?

I hope this little tip is helpful and you've found a way to use up your Baby Lips!

Will you be using this trick?

Ax

2 comments:

  1. Thou Shalt Not CovetJanuary 14, 2015 8:27 am

    Handy tips lovely! I do love a matte lip but they can be high maintenance! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful little tip - I've not tried the baby lips yet, but I've heard good things :)
    Ani x

    ReplyDelete