Monday, October 06, 2014

Autumnal Eyes 2014



Well hasn't the weather took a turn for the bleak?! I'm sure this time last week it was reasonably warm and sunny? The past couple of days have been a little bit chilly and a little bit soggy and have me lusting over all things autumnal which means my makeup is drifting that way too. Last year my autumnal eyes were brown-based but this time round I'm reaching for those cranberry shades...

I start off with a base of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate (link) all over the lid. I love these cream shadows because you can apply them with your fingertips and they look great alone for a lazy day makeup. I have three in total but this one is pulled out around this time of year - I've had it for almost a year and it's not even slightly dried out, brilliant! 

Once this has set I pile on a shade from my Kevyn Aucoin Iconic Eye Set - the far right reddy toned shade which is called Taupey Gray but is very much cranberry. You can't buy this separately but alternative would be MAC Cranberry or the similar shade in Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita palette. It's a matte shadow that, as I've said, runs very much a red toned brown. Again, I use my fingers to pile this on the centre of my lid then blend it out using a brush from my Crown All Eyes On You set - it's a great little kit, perfect for those of us who are reasonably amateur at eyeshadow.

Finished off with a slick of liner - I'm currently loving Barry M Blink - and you've got a super easy but striking autumn eye look!

Will you be trying this out?

Ax

P.S. We've hit 200! Yep, this is my 200th post - time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment