Friday, September 19, 2014

National Cupcake Week... without the calories


I've gotta say, I'm a real cupcake fiend. My university says were filled with them - whether it was eating them, baking them or having them on a cushion, they were everywhere. Nowadays they're a rare occurrence, mainly because I realised I was going to balloon should I not start watching what I shovel in. But I couldn't let National Cupcake Week slip by without honouring them somehow... enter Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask*.

This chocolatey, gooey, goodness is right up my street. It smells incredible - literally like a batch of cupcake batter - and is squidgy like brownie mix. So far, so good. The Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask is only my second one but I still would like them to be smaller; I just don't finish these tubs up before the best before date! 

Unscrewing the lid from the sturdy plastic packaging releases a gorgeous aroma of cocoa and sweet oils. It has cocoa butter and powder, peppermint and spearmint and sandalwood oils in it - a concoction designed originally for teenage, blemish prone skin. Although my skin is through the worst of my teenage years, this still does wonders to the skin because it pulls out impurities as well as dealing with any oily patches. It feels instantly cooling on the skin thanks to it being kept in the fridge and smoothes over the skin really easily. Although not in the slightest bit attractive to look at, I love the tingly feeling of it - it feels like it's doing some good! It does prove a little tricky not to lick it off though I'm telling you now - it smells so scrummy!

A wonderful alternative to get your chocolate fix whilst doing some good for your skin! Chocolatey goodness that doesn't break you out? Amazing.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment