Sunday, August 03, 2014

What's In My Bag | Beach Edit


That's right - another post from here in Pula, Croatia! If any of you have been to Pula, please let me know of any recommendations you have as we're kind of playing it by ear and love to find new places! Anyway, I thought it was time to share my beach bag essentials! I'm honestly not a huge fan of the beach - I can't deal with sand getting places it shouldn't and exfoliating my skin every time I reapply sun cream - so this is more for the pool but I wouldn't expect it to differ much.

Sun Lotion
I have two separate sun lotions - one for my face, one for the rest of my body. I tend to break out if I use body sun lotions on my face to this from Ultrasun*, with an SPF50, is ideal. It's specially formulated for sensitive skin which is great and the ultra high factor is perfect. Ain't nobody got time for early ageing! I have a couple of body lotions with me, including Nivea, but this little one from Hawaiian Tropic is so dinky it's a great size to pop in your bag when you're out and about. 

Skincare
I'll be popping The Body Shop's Vitamin E Face Mist and Vitamin E Lip Balm in my bag. The lip balm is self explanatory - it has an SPF15 to prevent burned chops. As for the face mist, well I get super hot so this will come in really useful to cool me down and soothe my skin when it's feeling a little raw from too much sun. I've also thrown in a pack of cleansing wipes - these from Olay were the first I spotted in Superdrug but I'm not fussed how well they work so long as they can either refresh my skin or clean my hands when the inevitable sandy-lotion-hands happens.

Sun protection
To help protect my skin from the sun a little more, alongside the SPF that is, I always carry my Ray Ban Wayfarers and a little cover up. My Wayfarers are so old now but I love the shape and they protect my eyes perfectly and the cover up is just a simple throw on from Next. It's really old as well but I love it - it's light and floaty making it great for just covering my shoulders which tend to feel the sun more than anywhere else. There's nothing worse than having to pull on and off a full on dress when it's hot and sticky!

That's pretty much everything! I do have a book and my iPod with me too to pass the time but in regards to skin protection, these are my essentials pretty much every year.

What do you pack in your beach bag?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment