Monday, June 08, 2015

My Highlighter Collection

My love for highlighters could get out of hand if I had the funds to do so. There's just something about amping up a glow that I adore and would be absolutely a-OK with channelling my inner J-Lo all day err'day. But, what I don't want is a glittery mess all over my face - something my stash steers well clear of.

The Soap & Glory Glow All Out is my only powder formula and is the most subtle finish of the bunch. The may have been my first step into the cool waters of highlighting and it's a great starting point for beginners or those who aren't wanting something too full on. It's more of a pink-toned, finely milled shade than the rest of my highlighters making it a good all rounder. However, I don't find myself reaching for it as much as I'd like purely because I don't have a brush I like to use it with - suggestions on a postcard. Or in the comments.

Let's move onto cream formulas - my favourite. The No7 Instant Radiance Highlighters are such good value for money and have some beautiful shades. Drawing a striking resemblance to similar offerings from Charlotte Tilbury and Clinique's Chubby Sticks, there are two options - the original which is a cool toned champagne and a bronzing highlighter which is beautiful in the summer and wonderful as an eyeshadow as well. They blend so easily and last for a fair while during the day all while packing a punch in the pigmentation stakes!

Finally my all-time favourite - Benefit Watts Up! I love this so, so much - it's a pure champagne shade, so a little warmer than that from No7 (although No7 is a great dupe) and generally blends better and stays longer. It's a little more full on than the rest of my stash and some may find it too much for day time but I wear this all the time without giving a hoot.

The great thing about highlighters is that they last so long so I think you can afford to splash out a little more cash to get the best one. I have tons on my wishlist including Charlotte Tilbury's Bronze & Glow (including the upcoming cream version!), The Balm's Mary Lou-manizer, MAC Soft & Gentle and Kevyn Aucoin's Candlelight... ohhh give me that glow!

What are you favourite highlighters?

Ax



No comments:

Post a Comment