Monday, May 26, 2014

If you like Piña Colada...


And getting caught in the rain...

Yeah that pretty much sums up this Bank Holiday right? However, today's meant to be the nicest of them all so fingers crossed the sunshine rears it's not-so ugly head. In a bid to encourage the warmer weather, I'm persistently sporting a more tropical fragrance theme - doesn't hurt, does it? Coconuts and pineapples are my choice of summer scent and a big thanks to The Body Shop and Estee Lauder for providing the ingredients to my personal cocktail of yumminess.

To make sure the scent of choice sticks around, it's all about laying the foundations and layering up on products. I start with slathering on The Body Shop's Coconut Body Butter. I adore these and this is pretty much my ideal. Coconut is pretty much my go-to scent and this moisturiser really packs a punch! It leaves my skin super soft and doesn't irritate my eczema prone legs either which is a huge bonus in my books. When certain areas are feeling a little dry - elbows, knees, ankles etc - I tend to layer up with an oil and the Coconut Beautifying Oil from The Body Shop is ideal. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and I can pop my clothes on straight away yet it instantly hydrates the skin and leaves it smelling delicious. It is also gorgeous on legs as it leaves a beautiful sheen to the skin - a real Bronze Goddess look! This pairing just intensifies the scent and makes it stick around for longer - seriously, this is good stuff.

Finally, I spritz my ultimate fragrance all over. Neck, wrists, back of neck, inside of elbows, chest... everywhere. Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess is my BFF come rain or shine and perks my right up when the darker clouds hang about. I recently got my Mom to pick me up a new bottle at duty free so I'm fully set for the summer. Enough love has already been expressed for this here but basically it's da bomb. 

Let me know in the comments what your summer scent is!

Ax

If you enjoy my blog, it would mean the world to me if you nominated it in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category of the Cosmo Blog Awards here! Thank you x

No comments:

Post a Comment