Wednesday, April 09, 2014

The Gingham Skirt




Oh hello first ever fashion post! Yep, I'm finally on the gingham bandwagon. Just in time for, oh wait... summer. Let's be honest, an English summer is doubtful and despite spring officially landing, I've been getting plenty of wear out of this badboy.

I've been off spending unnecessarily recently and only went into Topshop for a browse at the sale. Promise. But when I spotted this baby hanging on the rails, knocked down from £38 to £20, I couldn't say no. A-line skirts are something I've wanted to try on for a while but not been in the mood to most times - however, as soon as I slipped this over my child-bearing hips it was love at first zip. The cut of the A-line is so super flattering on wider hips, way more than I'd have expected, and I think I've just found my new love.

The length is great for every day and work and the stiffer wool material means it doesn't fly around risking pant-flashing. Ideal. The material is a tad itchy, even with tights, but nothing I can't deal with. It's mainly when I'm in the car. I'm super happy with this purchase, potentially my first clothing purchase since the new year (!), and can see it lasting season after season. It's not online, but check your local store as they had it in every size in mine and that was only a couple of weeks ago!

Thanks Topshop sale, you rock.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment